Airboat Tour Questions

Prnsessmoi

Planning for our Feb 2020 cruise, departing from NOLA.  Spending a few days pre-cruise.  Hubby has always wanted to ride in an Airboat, and I see that there are Airboat tours available.  I have a fear of going fast, but figured I could "suck-it-up" and white-knuckle my way through it.  But, most of the descriptions say that it is not recommended for people with back problems.  We both deal with back problems, him a little more than I.  He uses a cane for stability.  I am sure he would say that he wants to do it anyway, but I wanted to find out from someone that has done these tours, what is the drawback for people with back issues?  It is the "slapping" of the boat on the water?  Quick turns? Other?

Also, I did a search and didn't find many recent reviews mentioning these tours.  Any recommendations for good companies to use?  They might be able to give me more information also.

Thanks in advance

We've long been partial to Cajun Encounters but those on the Pearl River are pretty much the same. Wife is booked for Laffite's next fall in the Jean Laffite National Park for something different but I'm no longer capable of going since an amputation. (too unsteady) They mean what they say as yes, even the pontoon boats reach pretty good speed at times and it can get bouncy.