Based on food alone what is your favorite cruise line?

Peckishpixie

• 2 months later...

I have thought about this question for quite some time.  It's difficult to answer.  But, maybe I have a possible one.  

A post today from a current Seabourn Ovation cruiser commenting about his experiences with the food and comparing them with other experienced Seabourn cruisers aboard confirms what I have thought for some time.

It's the Executive Chef in the Galley that determines a guest's satisfaction with the cuisine.  On the Ovation, the guest has been disappointed as other experienced Seabourn cruisers.  That's what I have found during my cruises on HAL and Princess.  Fettuccine Alfredo, just as an example, is a Princess menu staple.  On Royal Princess (the new one), it was a watery, cheese-less mess.  On other Princess cruises, it's delicious!  The same type of situation is what I have found on HAL ships.  I have learned that Executive Chefs have the freedom to "tweak" Corporate Recipes.  Some don't, some do very successfully, some try with various degrees of success.  It isn't the cruise line that consistently has the best food, I don't think.  It's who is in charge of the Galley.  

28 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I have thought about this question for quite some time.  It's difficult to answer.  But, maybe I have a possible one.  

A post today from a current Seabourn Ovation cruiser commenting about his experiences with the food and comparing them with other experienced Seabourn cruisers aboard confirms what I have thought for some time.

It's the Executive Chef in the Galley that determines a guest's satisfaction with the cuisine.  On the Ovation, the guest has been disappointed as other experienced Seabourn cruisers.  That's what I have found during my cruises on HAL and Princess.  Fettuccine Alfredo, just as an example, is a Princess menu staple.  On Royal Princess (the new one), it was a watery, cheese-less mess.  On other Princess cruises, it's delicious!  The same type of situation is what I have found on HAL ships.  I have learned that Executive Chefs have the freedom to "tweak" Corporate Recipes.  Some don't, some do very successfully, some try with various degrees of success.  It isn't the cruise line that consistently has the best food, I don't think.  It's who is in charge of the Galley.  

A great point and very accurate.  I’ll go one step further and say that it is the entire culinary team which is led by the Executive Chef.  When the entire team is hitting on all 12 cylinders everything is great!  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 8:52 AM, aml3679 said:

Celebrity 

My experience on Celebrity Eclipse:  MDR, the dining experience and cuisine and menu selections were good.  But, nothing more than good.  Tuscan Grille and Murano:  my experiences there exceeded my MDR experience.  One dinner in Murano:  very good, but, the ambiance and presentation was a bit more pretentious than needed.  One dinner and one lunch in Tuscan Grille:  both were excellent with my lunch being the best of the two.