Sky Princess WindowSuite

AF-1

Hello everyone. My wife and I have booked the New England & Canada cruise in Window Suite on Sky. Oct 10, 2020. Sailing. Questions?

1. I know there are no formal pictures of this cabin; however; anyone who has stayed in a window suite on other Princess ships; (I know there are only a few that have window suites), can you tell me a little about your time in this type suite?

2. I know about suite benefits but is there anything special about staying in a window suite, like location on ship and something that this suite has that other suites don’t have?   

3.  Yes we don’t have balcony,  we figured it was mid October so we can do without one;   So if you have any good tips or feedback I appreciate it.  Also I appreciate negative feedback on this cabin.  

Thanks you all and have a great day

Hi AF,   I do not have any experience,  but we are on the Sky Princess, July 2020 in one of those suites.  Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing; these suites are all the way forward and are 710 sq feet?  I would be interested in any feedback as well. 

I have also studied some of the artist renderings, Although nice, I  still have no clue.  LOL.  

I spoke to Princess when booking and my understanding is it full suite benefits.  

Our first cruise on Princess is in August, so I do not  have any experience at all.  I have sailed in NCL suites, though and love those experiences.  

It it looks like I may have feedback and pics before you go, and of course, will be happy to share.  

Whenever I can, I book a traditional Window Suite (Golden, Grand, Caribbean).  The Golden is in Australia, the Grand is soon to follow.  That leaves just the Caribbean with the extra deck of passengers.  It is classified as a suite so you will get the breakfast and club class dining.

I do not intend to book a Window Suite on the Sky Princess because of its location.  On the older ships, it is on deck 6 center.  No movement.  Private hallway.  Steps from Suite breakfast location.  And 21 drawers.  Excellent location.  You can stop by your room at anytime.

The "new" Window Suites" are too far forward.  Too high up.  More movement.  Not square (because of the bow).  And a very long way to go for anything.  

I don't know what the price point is but the older Window Suites were about the same price as a Club Class Mini.  I never missed the balcony and have forgone any upgrades.  

Enjoy the suite life.

I love the WS on the older ships and was actually looking at the ones on the Sky ... but I do get motion sickness so the ones on their older ships are probably the only ones I will book.  

Anyway, the suites are really within our budget very often but when I have stayed in one, it was an awesome experience.  Of course, you receive all the benefits of a full suite while onboard, not to mention the extra cruise credits.  There are no other perks over the other full suites, except for the location on the older ships that have WS's is fabulous.  

We never missed not having a balcony and actually prefer the convenience of the location ... but then again, on the Sky, I think there are only 2 (maybe more ... I don't know?) and they are all the way forward.  Wow ... that amount of space is incredible, though.  They aren't that large on the other ships that have them.  But, even these have a lot of closet space, a very large jetted tub with bath salts, nicer robes and plenty of towels, as well as niceties such as a shoe shine kit, sleep gift bag, etc.  

The big perk for a suite is the dining, lunch on port days and dinner in the Club Class, breakfast if you'd like there, too but also a special breakfast in a specialty restaurant ...which alone is worth the price increase. 

I have sailed on Princess twice. Both trips were in suites. Last year on Emerald we had 2bdr  family suite. Same location as on the Sky except it was locatd on deck 9.  We loved the suite and location was good. We dont mind walking to the venues.  The balcony was nice but unusable at sea. Being all the way forward the wind was bad. Our room steward had to tie furniture down at sea. We could only use balcony on shore.  So location  was fine with us. Since we are getting window suite, balcony is not an issue. I wonder i that was a decision factor for Princess. Put the window suites all the way forward since the balcony is not usable anyway. Last month we had aft pentouse. With a huge balcony. We really didnt use the balcony that much   Even at sea it was nice sitting  out there, the balcony had a nice cover to keep sun off. Anyway i hope people will chime in with their thoughts and concerns.   The ships inaugural is oct. 

Edited by AF-1

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Hello everyone. My wife and I have booked the New England & Canada cruise in Window Suite on Sky. Oct 10, 2020. Sailing. Questions?

1. I know there are no formal pictures of this cabin; however; anyone who has stayed in a window suite on other Princess ships; (I know there are only a few that have window suites), can you tell me a little about your time in this type suite?

2. I know about suite benefits but is there anything special about staying in a window suite, like location on ship and something that this suite has that other suites don’t have?   

3.  Yes we don’t have balcony,  we figured it was mid October so we can do without one;   So if you have any good tips or feedback I appreciate it.  Also I appreciate negative feedback on this cabin.  

Thanks you all and have a great day

Hello - just booked one of the Window Suites on the Sky Princess for the cruise right after you AF-1, for October 17, 2020. Our rationale was exactly the same, late in the season so a little cooler and also only one true 'sea day' so a balcony may not be necessary. We have had Window suites on the Caribbean and Grand Princess and do book them whenever they are available as we liked the location on these ships and we love the 'suite amenities' including the breakfast, Club Class dining and many others. The Window Suites on the Sky Princess do appear much larger and are not in the same location as on the other ships. I am somewhat concerned about the motion that these suites could have as I am somewhat prone to motion but we still wanted to try them - and we are very excited to have one booked! Hopefully we will get reports on these suites once the Sky Princess starts her service.

I have been in a window suite on the CB in Europe and on the grand in Alaska. These rooms were perfect in the cooler climate cruises. I loved the big windows to look out to see the sunrise but be cozy warm in my room. Personally, I like to relax in the quiet of my room and the roominess of the we makes it really enjoyable. 

The full suite benefits are great as well. The bathroom in the ws we have been on have a bathroom with double sinks and larger shower and separate tub. I loved that two people could be in the bathroom at once. The bathrooms in regular rooms are like being in an RV. Not my fave. 

Fave perks are free same day laundry (don’t let your room steward convince you that you will get charged for same day), club class dining, and the suite breakfast In Sabatini or other specialty restaurant. It makes a vacation way more of a vacation. 

Enjoy! “Come back new!” 😊

Bagney and Coffeeluvr05. You both bring up excellent reasons to book this suite. I think this suite is in same location as family suite on emerald. My wife and I loved it. The motion was not noticeable for us. It was quiet and yes you do have to walk a little but walking is a good thing. All the benefits for this suite are great. Big picture windows will be awesome.  Cant wait to see the actual pictures of the cabin. Hopefully Princess will post  pictures before her maiden voyage. I am sure some of the travel agents who get a look at her will pist pics.  We almost booked the 17 oct trip.  I wanted to sail near by bday on 1 Oct; but the 3 Oct cruise WS were sold out. Having only two Cabins make them go quickly. 

Since there are two WS per ship they go fast. I didnt get an specials when I booked my travel agent said they will monitor this cruise and Princess will run a special probably in the fall. He said he would then grab any special deal for me without losing the WS.  Cross my fingers it all works out. Anyone out there who finds a special for Oct 2020, chime in and pass along the info. Thanks and have a great day

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 4:15 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Whenever I can, I book a traditional Window Suite (Golden, Grand, Caribbean).  The Golden is in Australia, the Grand is soon to follow.  That leaves just the Caribbean with the extra deck of passengers.  It is classified as a suite so you will get the breakfast and club class dining.

The Golden will be back in LA for a while in 2020.  We have booked a window suite for a round trip to Alaska from LA because we love those window suites and knew it would be our last chance to experience one on the Golden.

I booked a WS on the Enchanted for the TA in 11/2020.  Can't wait to see what you think and see pictures.  I don't mind the location, I actually like a little movement.  And considering I usually gain about 5 lbs per cruise, the walking will do me good.  

26 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

IMO the window suites which were added on the Grand Class ships cannot be compared to the ones on the Sky/Enchanted. Yeah they both have windows.

And ... you are eluding to ... The Window Suites on the Grand Class ships are the best ever ?????

If/then, I agree with you 100%.

:classic_love:

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

And ... you are eluding to ... The Window Suites on the Grand Class ships are the best ever ?????

If/then, I agree with you 100%.

:classic_love:

What I am saying is they both have their own positives. But to compare them they are like night/day.

The Grand Class are 319 sq ft to 341 sq ft.

The new build window suites are over 700 sq ft which is double the size of the Grand Class window suites.

These new build window suites were designed for the new ships.

• Like 1

I was able to get a WS on the Sky for the same price as CC.  I have been on Caribbean Princess twice in WS.  I love the full suite benefits for less cost and I don't mind giving up the balcony.  The size on the Sky was a strong selling point.  I'll see how I like being forward.  I have stayed aft before, so the walking is not an issue.  

Tak8,  thanks for your input.   I was in family suite on Emerald; which is basically the same location at the Sky WS.  I did not mind it at all,  the motion was not bad; and I do not mind walking