Baltimore luggage storage facility

Ker70

We would like to find a place to store luggage since our flight is at 645 pm so I am thinking till about 430 pm-5 pm to store and then explore.  we would like to see Baltimore, especially Inner harbor and Fells point.  I have been there about 10 years ago and I felt very safe, but this will be my 16 yo daughter"s first time and we don't want to drag luggage around.  I tried day use hotels and it is very expensive 99 dollars for 9 1m to 3 pm  use.  I also posted on FB and was kinda taken aback with some people saying the area is not safe.  We live in San Francisco so seeing derelicts/addicts is not shocking or new.  Thank you so much.  Kerry and Meaghan!

There really isn't any place to store luggage though you can likely ask in a hotel, tip the bellman and be all set for the day.

Inner Harbor is OK but it isn't anywhere near as nice as it was 10 years ago tbh.  Harbor East (close to Inner Harbor) is nicer, and Fells Point should be fine....

I walk around those areas often.  Not a huge fan of Inner Harbor anymore, especially the pavilions since they are chain restaurants or vacant shops.  Again, just my opinion but I am in the area several times each year.  I am sure locals will have other info and opinions.  

There's a Marriott in Harbor East and they'd probably hold your stuff for you, especially if you have breakfast.

• Like 1

Ker 70, I agree with Meg and I'm a local. The Inner Harbor isn't what it used to be, but if you want to visit the National Aquarium or the Maryland Science Center, they're worth the visit. The Inner Harbor pavillions, imo, offer nothing.

Harbor East is very nice, upscale and you can easily walk to funky Fells Point. Baltimore has its issues as does any city, but it's certainly not the Wild Wild West.

I have no suggestions regarding luggage storage, but I would think any hotel doorperson would be happy to accommodate with a nice tip. Good luck. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

You could always take your luggage to the airport, check in (if available that early) and then take the light rail back downtown.  It's about a half hour ride and maybe 1/4-1/2 mile walk to the inner harbor. 

I live in Maryland and I enjoy time at the inner harbor, in spite of the chains.  A couple suggestions- as mentioned, the aquarium is fun and can take a couple hours. I probably wouldn't bother with the Science Center- IMO it's best for younger kids. 

You could get a water taxi day pass- it makes a couple stops- I haven't ridden in awhile, but I think Fort McHenry and Fells Point are places it stops.  Easy way to spend some time.

As for safety, the inner harbor, Fells Point, Harbor East are perfectly safe.  Since the riots a few years ago, there is definitely a visible police presence.  The thing with Baltimore, is the not so nice/safe areas aren't that far away.  So do keep an eye on where you are walking.

20 hours ago, purplephenom said:

You could always take your luggage to the airport, check in (if available that early)

Hmm, didn't I just say that?????

😄

Edited by SRF