Yet another Suspicious Survey

Mayflower1

Has anyone been contacted by E Mail to complete a 'Loyalty ' Survey.?  It was supposed to take 30/35 minutes to complete but in fact only took 2 minutes and contained no mention of Loyalty !!! - Is this another example of Barbara Muckerman not knowing what she is sending out ?

• Like 1

Thank You 57 Varieties - maybe my Computer messed up as my Survey was only about 5 Tick Box Categories about what Cruise Lines I knew of, no mention of Loyalty Programmes and then it thanked me for completing ?

I doubt as a long standing Venetian that much will come of it anyway - we have had many such Surveys before !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mayflower1 said:

Thank You 57 Varieties - maybe my Computer messed up as my Survey was only about 5 Tick Box Categories about what Cruise Lines I knew of, no mention of Loyalty Programmes and then it thanked me for completing ?

I doubt as a long standing Venetian that much will come of it anyway - we have had many such Surveys before !!!

Hi Mayflower,looking forward to seeing you on our favourite Wind in May/June.

Sounds an interesting survey.I am obviously not loyal enough to have received it or maybe too loyal so they very kindly didn’t bother me with it .Thank goodness!! 

Perhaps Silversea should do a round table discussion with its frequent cruisers. So easy to do pick  a port  and have a round table. Ask direct questions and I bet you will get a direct answer. Not based on a promise of a gift card.

Those who want to return to Silversea will give answers. 

I think that Venetians with a lot of days( not me I only have 255) will be pleased to have an opportunity to be heard. I know I would based on what I have seen recently.

We all know RCL is looking to make changes. 

Ms. Muckermann and others, I welcome the opportunity to give you my honest opinions. 

I am not enticed by the remote possibility I will win a gift card. 

Instead, I would warmly welcome the opportunity to speak to you.

Edited by spinnaker2

16 hours ago, 57 varieties said:

Yes, we received it.  It took 20 minutes or so and was about loyalty programmes. Pretty repetitive and tedious.

I also received it, and stopped answering the questions when it wouldn't let me skip one that gave 3 options, none of which fit me and were designed to squeeze respondents into a particular path. Total waste of time, and after my experience with that other horrendous survey, I'm starting to dread emails from Barbara Muckermann.

On 3/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, Mayflower1 said:

Has anyone been contacted by E Mail to complete a 'Loyalty ' Survey.?  It was supposed to take 30/35 minutes to complete but in fact only took 2 minutes and contained no mention of Loyalty !!! - Is this another example of Barbara Muckerman not knowing what she is sending out ?

Nothing here.

I too, had the survey and also was asked only a few questions, which took not much more than five minutes to complete.  

I understood that the Americans had a similar survey some months ago, and I asked Barbara Muckermann if it was going to be circulated in the UK.

The focus group idea mentioned above sounds a good one, and I will pass it on to Barbara when our paths next cross.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

43 minutes ago, Master Echo said:

I too, had the survey and also was asked only a few questions, which took not much more than five minutes to complete.  

I understood that the Americans had a similar survey some months ago, and I asked Barbara Muckermann if it was going to be circulated in the UK.

The focus group idea mentioned above sounds a good one, and I will pass it on to Barbara when our paths next cross.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Master Echo.

Much more of a personalized approach to have a discussion.   

Upon further reflection,  perhaps an inperson discussion is not consistent with RCL's goal of learning about how loyalty programs (across their fleet) drive passengers to purchase a cruise and the thought of making the perks of a loyalty program consistent across their fleet. MSC did this, and gives reciprocity for the level one has reached on other cruise lines. 

And lastly, an inperson discussion is not a random sample.

Spinnaker 2

"......….We all know RCL is looking to make changes" ?  Do we?

I do not understand why you feel this is the case?  RCL is the parent company and has three different cruise companies under its umbrella, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara, as well as stakes in Tui Cruises and Pullmantur, and of course Silversea.  All the previous lines are run autonomously with little direct control from RCL, so I have no reason to suppose that despite the 67% stake  they have in Silversea, it will alter this position.  In fact RCL stuck with Azamara for a number of years, despite being loss making, to build the brand, and consequently, they now have a third ship.

I am surprised that you feel that Focus groups  which are still used frequently in the commercial and political spheres in order to elicit opinions, would not be a good idea. 

Of course, the best focus groups would comprise those who say they will never return to SS to tease out as rationally as possible, the reasons for their decision.  I met several such on my recent Regent cruise.  I also would be surprised that RCL are trying to ascertain loyalty to SS in order to roll out a "cruise line" wide loyalty programme.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

• Like 1