Viking Ocean new policy limits wifi

glklein21

1 hour ago, AngelMomCruises said:

Can't you just put your phone on airplane mode?  Simple click.  

No. Wifi works even in airplane mode (which turns off phone service and data). So, as an example. I turn on airplane mode when I board the plane and to connect to the internet to read mail or text using WhatApp, I turn on wifi.  I download Google maps each day and if I need to navigate, I turn on location, which also works without need of phone services or data.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:35 AM, cruzzzinma said:

I am on the current cruise as well. My husband and I each have our own account. On the Sky when you log in, you are asked for your cabin number, then your last name, and finally your birthdate. Then you are asked to creat a 4 digit pin.

If you log into a second device, you are given the option to disconnect the connected device. 

I am curious--how would this effect an apple watch--which I think requires the phone to be connected to wifi for it to get wifi. Does it count as an extra device?

36 minutes ago, Dr.Nat said:

I am curious--how would this effect an apple watch--which I think requires the phone to be connected to wifi for it to get wifi. Does it count as an extra device?

I'm not sure how the newer Apple watches work re: connecting directly to wifi. I have an older watch which does not directly connect, but accesses wifi only through bluetooth - therefore, I would assume it wouldn't count as an extra device.