Panama in November?

nanners

My sister and I (and husbands) just signed up to go to the Panama Canal (not through it) in November.  When my sister Googled when a good time to go would be, it said not to go in November.  Has anybody gone in November and been disappointed?  I know it's the rainy season, but is it that bad?  

Thanks for any help.

Nanners

"Bad" is a subjective term. The Canal is in a jungle/ rain forest, and requires unimaginable amounts of water to operate. That water comes from the sky...no where else, so rainy season can be very rainy. Have seen heavy downpours in December, lasting 3-4 hours. 

I don't think it is all that bad, sure you may get rain but it is not likely to be a total washout.  There are a few variables... when in November?  The closer to December a better chance of less rain.  Less rain on the Pacific side and when it does rain it is more likely to be in the afternoon, say after 3PM.  Atlantic side there is a better chance of rain and the rain can come any time during the day.  Often times the Atlantic side rains are of the shower type and not an all day affair.

Been through the Canal many times in November & December and yes it rains almost every day. However, I have also been through the Canal in many of the dry season months and on many transits we experienced afternoon rain.

Basically, I suggest going when the timing works for you and enjoy the experience. Just be prepared for a little rain.

Thanks for your answers.  What y'all have said is kind of what I thought.  As long as it is not a downpour all day, I think we can deal with it.  We will enjoy it!  

Thanks again.