Non-suite Thalasso charge

lahore

Hi everyone, just working out my cruise budget.  Can anyone please share the latest costs for use of the T-pool area for a non-suite guest for a 16 nighter (one person and couple charges would be much appreciated).   Thanks in advance, the only actual costing I could find on here was from 2011.

It was $189 last time we asked about year ago - I think the $160 is correct but they add an 18% surcharge as they do to all spa.  We no longer buy it as there aren't enough seats to go around if all the eligible guests try and use it and on recent cruises on several days although the weather was OK to sit out there, because of sea swell the pool wasn't filled.  You get no refunds for days not used.

FYI they have changed this area on Pursuit.  Now it is keyed access so you must have legit access to get in.  Also there is more seating as the bed has been removed.  I expect this may happen when Quest is refurbished.  

I found the opposite (less seating) on the Pursuit.  They have intalled larger loungers that took up more space than the old loungers. Also they were very unconfortable.  They did not fully recline so I saw passengers sprawled over them like at the pillory to get sun on their backs!  The time I went all loungers were being used, but there were 8 of the old style loungers tied up and also taking space.  I asked if they could be untied, but was told to come back in two hours. Also the new key system on the Pursuit failed to work on several ocessions. 

6 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

I found the opposite (less seating) on the Pursuit.  They have intalled larger loungers that took up more space than the old loungers. Also they were very unconfortable.  They did not fully recline so I saw passengers sprawled over them like at the pillory to get sun on their backs!  The time I went all loungers were being used, but there were 8 of the old style loungers tied up and also taking space.  I asked if they could be untied, but was told to come back in two hours. Also the new key system on the Pursuit failed to work on several ocessions. 

This was our experience as well.  They ended up propping open the doors to the changing rooms which led to other issues.  

Hmmm, sounds concerning.  I have every intention to pay so I suppose that the ‘keyed access’ won’t be a problem unless it doesn’t work, but thanks for letting me know.  As for the sun beds, don’t care so much about that, I just LOVE a Thalasso spa and a wee bit of privacy

I don’t want to rain on your parade but that deck can be quite noisy. If you get people having conversations in the hot tub the whole deck hears it most of the time. I find deck 11 forward quieter by far. We often have the deck by being in suites and I see the benefit solely as the access to the spa pool not the beds or seating area. 

I would take a look at how many beds as opposed to tables and chairs there are for the ship you are sailing on and make your own decision based on that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

I don’t want to rain on your parade but that deck can be quite noisy. If you get people having conversations in the hot tub the whole deck hears it most of the time. I find deck 11 forward quieter by far. We often have the deck by being in suites and I see the benefit solely as the access to the spa pool not the beds or seating area. 

I would take a look at how many beds as opposed to tables and chairs there are for the ship you are sailing on and make your own decision based on that. 

I agree about a Deck 11 - it’s usually pretty peaceful and quiet. The only snag is that if you want to go in the water (pool or jacuzzi) you have to go down 2 decks.

The other really quiet area is Deck 5 where there are sun beds, but they are not well used. They are especially good in very hot climates where you might want some shade.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, I am happy with the thal. pool, and from there a larger shower. I don’t sunbake any more so the chairs are not an issue.  And yes, I like to lounge on deck chairs on the promenade on deck 5.  A week to go, can’t wait. 🙂

Edited by lahore

We are on the Journey now and enjoyed the spa hot tub area.   It was nice and quiet and folks had private conversations without shouting.    That did change later in the afternoon when a couple went into the hot tub and proceeded to shout at each other.   Don’t think they were aware they were so loud as they had the minimal bubbles on and thought they needed to shout to be heard.   Everyone on the deck had to listen.    I guess this is not a quiet area as it is on Celebrity, Cunard and Seabourn.   On those lines it only became noisier when the spa personnel were speaking to guests.   Guess there is no quiet lounge area on this ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you all know it ended up costing me nothing, because post dry dock it was in pieces and remained that way for the entire cruise.  Read ‘Quest...sleeping on deck’ post for more info.  We were compensated admirably but I had a miserable cruise.  Never again.