Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

1 hour ago, Lynnewob said:

Our lowest bid for the CW was accepted overnight from N1.  

We received the email at 8.30pm (UK time) on 16 March for 25 March sailing.

Pleased to say we were allocated deck 6 and not deck 8.  I'd much rather have the engine growl below us than noise from sunset veranda above.

Looking forward to the trip even more now.

Oh my God!!  That is so exciting!!!!!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7 June 10 night on Pursuit £310 bid for ocean view upgrade to Balcony. First time sailing on Azamara - hence the extra nibble offer as I'm rock bottom in pecking order. Starting was £300, which seems a standard amount from what I've seen.

Had the option also on a balcony plus but decided against it as already have 4 nights speciality booked which degrades the incentive. Would have done so otherwise. The bid offer for that was £230 (so £460 total)

23 hours ago, les37b said:

7 June 10 night on Pursuit £310 bid for ocean view upgrade to Balcony. First time sailing on Azamara - hence the extra nibble offer as I'm rock bottom in pecking order. Starting was £300, which seems a standard amount from what I've seen.

Had the option also on a balcony plus but decided against it as already have 4 nights speciality booked which degrades the incentive. Would have done so otherwise. The bid offer for that was £230 (so £460 total)

That was on T-65 days (Surprising as I thought it wasn't open until T-60.

Thinking again on the Balcony + offer. Is the free laundry every 7 days mean only 1 bag of washing on a 7 day cruise? How is the laundry returned? Is it ironed and ready to wear again? If it's not, there is little point in it

2 hours ago, les37b said:

Thinking again on the Balcony + offer. Is the free laundry every 7 days mean only 1 bag of washing on a 7 day cruise? How is the laundry returned? Is it ironed and ready to wear again? If it's not, there is little point in it

It is one bag per  every 7 days sailed,   It is returned beautifully pressed on hangers.  Mine was returned the day after.  You can get so much in those little wash bags they provide.  You have  to fill out a   form of items sent and put it in the bag.  You also get a free bag of laundry if you are  Explorer and above on the loyalty programme every seven days.

• Like 1

Apols. if this has already been raised but how do we bid for an upgrade when cruising back to back?

You have to bid separately on each b to b cruise then hope that  both are accepted for the same cabin.

Worst scenario is you only get one upgrade and have to accept, then change cabins halfway through or, if the second leg, go back to your original cabin. Or possibly two different upgraded cabins with a move involved.

Sounds like a potential hassle b to b customers might choose to avoid?

Sailing on Pursuit from Ravenna on 16 April can’t believe we’ve had our upgrade bid accepted from N2 to Club World Owners Suite. Still in shock as it was a low bid. Still bring it on getting very excited!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goaty said:

Sailing on Pursuit from Ravenna on 16 April can’t believe we’ve had our upgrade bid accepted from N2 to Club World Owners Suite. Still in shock as it was a low bid. Still bring it on getting very excited!!

You will love it!

10 hours ago, Goaty said:

We did that on the first sailing on Pursuit from N1 and loved it. Had 6091, it was great. 

On 4/6/2022 at 3:17 AM, cruisinclined said:

Apols. if this has already been raised but how do we bid for an upgrade when cruising back to back?

You have to bid separately on each b to b cruise then hope that  both are accepted for the same cabin.

Worst scenario is you only get one upgrade and have to accept, then change cabins halfway through or, if the second leg, go back to your original cabin. Or possibly two different upgraded cabins with a move involved.

Sounds like a potential hassle b to b customers might choose to avoid?

Changing staterooms is no great hassle.

You pack belongings from the drawers, bathroom & safe and crew help you move.

All hanging items are taken from the wardrobe on their hangers, placed on a mobile rack, transported to your new stateroom and re-hung for you.

The whole process does not take very long and there is an effort to have your new stateroom ready for the move as soon as possible after the previous occupants have vacated.

• Like 1

OK, I'm feeling stupid. I've cruised with Azamara twice and it's now been so long that I have no idea how this upgrade thing works.  Can someone remind me please?  I don't recall ever being asked if I wanted to upgrade.  I always book through the Azamara website, I don't use a TA. I have a triple B2B booked in November so it would be good to know what to keep an eye out for.
TIA

Edited by lahore
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lahore said:

OK, I'm feeling stupid. I've cruised with Azamara twice and it's now been so long that I have no idea how this upgrade thing works.  Can someone remind me please?  I don't recall ever being asked if I wanted to upgrade.  I always book through the Azamara website, I don't use a TA. I have a triple B2B booked in November so it would be good to know what to keep an eye out for.
TIA

Enter the appropriate info here to see your options

https://www.azamara.com/azamara-upgrade-program

• Like 1

I’m currently on Pursuit and made what was considered to be a weak bid from Club Continent to club world owners suite. Couldn’t believe we got it!! Wow what a suite. Absolutely amazing. Living the life 🤣🙌🏻

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Goaty said:

I’m currently on Pursuit and made what was considered to be a weak bid from Club Continent to club world owners suite. Couldn’t believe we got it!! Wow what a suite. Absolutely amazing. Living the life 🤣🙌🏻

Enjoy! Love those Owners Suites!

We have had an overnight congratulatory email informing us that our low bid for an upgrade has been accepted (N1 Continent to CO Suite) sailing Rome to Ravenna on  Saturday, 23 April.  We originally booked a similar cruise for April, 2021 to celebrate our Golden Wedding, so we decided to ‘have a go’ with the upgrade this year to celebrate 51 years 12 days!  Any excuse !!?  Just keeping our fingers crossed for health and travel before we board.

On 4/17/2022 at 9:20 PM, 2ndsailing said:

On 4/17/2022 at 9:20 PM, 2ndsailing said:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kimbasmum said:

We have had an overnight congratulatory email informing us that our low bid for an upgrade has been accepted (N1 Continent to CO Suite) sailing Rome to Ravenna on  Saturday, 23 April.  We originally booked a similar cruise for April, 2021 to celebrate our Golden Wedding, so we decided to ‘have a go’ with the upgrade this year to celebrate 51 years 12 days!  Any excuse !!?  Just keeping our fingers crossed for health and travel before we board.

Well done and congratulations. Enjoy it all. 🙋‍♀️😁🍾

We had an invitation weeks ago to bid for an upgrade, which we did.  We just had another invite for the same cruise, which makes me think that the original bid went nowhere.  Just as well we originally booked a cabin we would be happy with! 😉

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 3:15 PM, Goaty said:

AWESOME .. may I ask what a "low bid" would be  😁

14 hours ago, Lady President said:

Late answering, but we have a guarantee and were offered an upgrade.  We didn't bid, but we received a couple emails offering it. 

Do you think you could give us a few details?  

In what category are you booked?

What did they offer you - and at what price?

Was the second email offer for the same upgrade cabin level at the same price OR was it a different offer?