Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

Just now, tgg said:

Did the change in the embarkation port change the length of the cruise?  I'm having trouble understanding why a change on their part would cancel your bid.

The length of the cruise hasn’t changed.  Our embarkation port is now Noce instead of Genoa, so doesn’t adversely affect the itinerary.  I can’t understand why the bid was cancelled in this instance.  

On 6/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, mdpa said:

I’m not sure you are looking at this correctly. The 500+ bid was from a non balcony room. The spread between his two choices was only 200. If you don’t have much status, the free specialty dinner, free bag of laundry, and 25% off internet make this justifiable IMHO.

No, I read it right.  For me definitely not worth the extra. My main issue would be where they could allocate me a cabin. They are all directly under a public deck with the potential for noise. That was my point. They've located most of the Plus cabins in the worst place in my view with the intention I'm sure to add some value to them to sell them. 

Phil 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

No, I read it right.  For me definitely not worth the extra. My main issue would be where they could allocate me a cabin. They are all directly under a public deck with the potential for noise. That was my point. They've located most of the Plus cabins in the worst place in my view with the intention I'm sure to add some value to them to sell them. 

Phil 

So the + = plus noise? lol

Sounds good I didn't get. Incidentally, when the option was first there is was £300 and £420.... The minimum for plus obviously went up as it was £500 when I looked 5 days out.

No harm. The £150 each for a balcony for 10 nights is not so sad. Allocated room could have been better, but pleased we got starboard as pretty much the coastline of the whole itinerary will be on that side.

1 minute ago, Rabo said:

The 2 aft Veranda Plus staterooms on deck 7 (P1 7116/7121) are fantastic!

We have one of those booked but have put in a bid for a CC.  We won’t be too disappointed if it is rejected as we’re very happy with what we have and we get a lot of the perks, too. 

• Like 4

On 6/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, Rabo said:

The 2 aft Veranda Plus staterooms on deck 7 (P1 7116/7121) are fantastic!

Can you tell me what the difference is with these cabins please that make them fantastic 

40 minutes ago, Piaa said:

Can you tell me what the difference is with these cabins please that make them fantastic 

They are the far aft cabins. Bigger balconies, wonderful wake views. The same ones on 6 are great too.

5 hours ago, Piaa said:

Sitting on the balcony watching the wake is a unique experience. I also prefer deck 7 as there are cabins above and below. 

• Like 4

On 6/9/2022 at 3:07 PM, Rabo said:

Sitting on the balcony watching the wake is a unique experience. I also prefer deck 7 as there are cabins above and below. 

Thank you so much 

On 6/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

They are the far aft cabins. Bigger balconies, wonderful wake views. The same ones on 6 are great too.

thank you so much 

Anyone have advice for this issue?  My TA, and her agency's manager have contacted Azamara, and Azamara "managment" say that I am eligible for an upgrade, according to all of the parameters of the program. They say to get this by going to the upgrade form and filling  it out. I have done this at least 50 times, and repeatedly get a note saying I'm not available at this time.  Anyone have similar problems or know how to trouble shoot?  I am on a B2B and upgrades on the following cruise are readily available although it has more booked cabins than the one that I am trying to upgrade, which has literally dozens of cabins available.  Thanks for any help! 

2 hours ago, java spot said:

Anyone have advice for this issue?  My TA, and her agency's manager have contacted Azamara, and Azamara "managment" say that I am eligible for an upgrade, according to all of the parameters of the program. They say to get this by going to the upgrade form and filling  it out. I have done this at least 50 times, and repeatedly get a note saying I'm not available at this time.  Anyone have similar problems or know how to trouble shoot?  I am on a B2B and upgrades on the following cruise are readily available although it has more booked cabins than the one that I am trying to upgrade, which has literally dozens of cabins available.  Thanks for any help! 

Try this email...azamaraupgrade@azamara.com

I had a question on our request and got a timely response.

Good luck

9 hours ago, java spot said:

Just a thought, and probably won’t help, but have you tried clearing your cache just in case somethings got ‘stuck’.

15 hours ago, java spot said:

When is your cruise?

17 hours ago, java spot said:

You have wait until you receive an email from Azamara inviting a bid. Then you should be able to avail of the upgrade process.

15 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I see that Azamara can accept bids up to 72 hours before sailing. If your bid is accepted within that tight time frame and you do not have updated luggage tags, how is this handled at the pier?

No problem the porters put new tags on for you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sailing on Onward 29th June from Istanbul and just received a second email inviting bids for upgrades.Ship possibly not full ,but as single traveller not worth the extra. Will enjoy spending the OBC  instead .

😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucyl said:

Sailing on Onward 29th June from Istanbul and just received a second email inviting bids for upgrades.Ship possibly not full ,but as single traveller not worth the extra. Will enjoy spending the OBC  instead .

😎

I agree upgrading from V to CC is not worth it for a solo.   As a solo we pay double to upgrade, yet have to dine alone in the speciality resturants. If I invite a friend to join me it costs.   It would be nice if the "solo Upgrade"  came with a few "Guest passes" for the speciality resturants.  I enjoy the larger cabin, but nothing else makes it worth the extra cost, especially if I get a tub cabin!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Booked 3yrs ago, for the British Open. 7006 OV Quest, happy with oversized room. Put in min. bid on upgrade to 2 balcony options. Assuming did not get, Got our luggage and boarding pass today.

• 4 weeks later...

Cruise is at the end of October. We’re booked in one of the 4 extra large Ocean View staterooms. Got an upgrade offer today of £170 pp to Verandah & £255 pp for Verandah Plus. Not interested in VerandahPlus as we have an Indulgence Package which gives us most of the benefits of a Verandah Plus. We looked at the available Verandah rooms & they were all OK so we opted to bid just above the minimum for a Verandah, not bothered if we don’t get it as we love the large OceanView rooms. Will come back & say if it was accepted.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1. LCV level:   Adventurer

2. Ship, cruise date, length & region:

Journey, 6th August 2022, 11 nights, Italy Intensive 

3. Cabin type booked:

P1 - Club verandah plus (aft)

4. Cabin type bid for and bid & strength of bid

Bid on a CC.  Minimum bid required: €185 pp.  Maximum bid: €1400 pp.

The price difference between the P1and CC, should we upgrade, would be €4600 (€2300 pp) approx.  

Currently pending.  We should know by next Friday whether our bid has been accepted or rejected. I will report back with our bid offer and the outcome when Azamara has responded. 

Just like @Grandma Cruising we’re really not pushed if the offer is rejected;   we’re very happy with a sunset verandah which has some of the perks that a CC offers, such as in-cabin liquor and priority boarding. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1