Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

Congratulations on your successful upgrade bid, thanks for posting information about it - I’ve added it to the spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

It would be helpful if you could give me another couple of bits of information - what’s your Azamara Circle level, can you remember when they emailed you to offer the opportunity to bid and can you remember what the minimum bid was? Don’t worry if you can’t - it’s all helpful.

50 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Congratulations on your successful upgrade bid, thanks for posting information about it - I’ve added it to the spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

It would be helpful if you could give me another couple of bits of information - what’s your Azamara Circle level, can you remember when they emailed you to offer the opportunity to bid and can you remember what the minimum bid was? Don’t worry if you can’t - it’s all helpful.

Sure, I'm Explorer, the e-mail to upgrade came on 5/24/22 and the minimum bid was $1,000.

Just got notification of our successful upgrade bid on our 9 day Journey cruise starting soon from P1 Veranda Plus to a Club Continent Suite. Bid EACH was $950 Australian (approx $677 US) . Not expecting to get it as bid was low in our opinion but very happy we did. First time Azamara cruisers so can see it will be a lovely cabin.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hamwen3839 said:

Just got notification of our successful upgrade bid on our 9 day Journey cruise starting soon from P1 Veranda Plus to a Club Continent Suite. Bid EACH was $950 Australian (approx $677 US) . Not expecting to get it as bid was low in our opinion but very happy we did. First time Azamara cruisers so can see it will be a lovely cabin.

9 hours ago, Hamwen3839 said:

Thanks for posting. It would be really helpful if you could you let me have a few more details for the spreadsheet.

- date you got email offering the chance to bid

- minimum bid allowable & was your bid weak or strong (or in between)

- cruise date and area cruising

Thanks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for posting. It would be really helpful if you could you let me have a few more details for the spreadsheet.

- date you got email offering the chance to bid

- minimum bid allowable & was your bid weak or strong (or in between)

- cruise date and area cruising

Thanks.

Really sorry, cannot find all that information now as we did not expect to get the upgrade. From memory the offer was made in June , the minimum bid was about $500 AUD  and maximum about $2500 AUD so our bid was considered weak. Cruise 17 August Greece Intensive.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Quest.  We are Discoverer.  Booked OV Cat 4, the bigger stateroom up front.  Took advantage of 2 price drops, before and after final payment.  Got a move up offer for Verandah and Verandah+.  Min bid for Verandah was $200pp, $300pp for the V+.  Received the offer on Jul 31.  Bid on a Verandah, $210pp, $420 total on Aug 14.  At that point there were 15 verandahs showing, no suites. We watched the verandah cabins begin to churn and at one point went down to 1 available.  We were notified 4 days before sailing that our bid was successful. 

Of note, we tried to take advantage of a “last minute” Verandah guarantee about a month before because it was the exact same price as our stateroom category.  Azamara did not allow that even with the best price/cruise with confidence guarantee.

Edited by 81Zoomie

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

We are sailing on the Quest.  We are Discoverer.  Booked OV Cat 4, the bigger stateroom up front.  Took advantage of 2 price drops, before and after final payment.  Got a move up offer for Verandah and Verandah+.  Min bid for Verandah was $200pp, $300pp for the V+.  Received the offer on Jul 31.  Bid on a Verandah, $210pp, $420 total on Aug 14.  At that point there were 15 verandahs showing, no suites. We watched the verandah cabins begin to churn and at one point went down to 1 available.  We were notified 4 days before sailing that our bid was successful. 

Congratulations on your successful bid. Thanks for posting. Just for the spreadsheet can you tell me the cruise date, length & where it’s going.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been waiting for Azamara to email availability of upgrade bid however hasn't come to this point 53 days out from a back to back. I contacted their upgrade team and the message back on the 6th Sep stated they were behind schedule has anyone else found this to be the case? Thanks

We are currently working on September sailings.  The 90 prior to bid is currently not in effect.  Please check back later.

Thank you,

Azamara Upgrade Team

I just got  my Upgrade Bid confirmation email.

Azamara Quest  8 days - Oct 7, 2022 to Oct 15, 2022

Intensive Croatia (Ravenna to Athens)

Tier - Adventurer

Original Cabin: Deck 4 Oceanview

New Cabin: Deck 6  Club Veranda

Bid submitted on August 15, 2022

Bid Accepted on Sept 14, 2022

Minimum bid wheel started at $0.00

Accepted bid $CAD 295.00/person ($CAD 590.00 total)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Received upgrade bid today for 20Nov22 Onward Lisbon-Miami. 57 days out. 
Booked  veranda V3

Loyalty  Discoverer

Balcony Plus offer £90pp

Club Continent offer £370pp

Submitted low offer of £370 on Club Continent.  Travelling solo so that is £740. Offer range went to £1565pp

Balcony Plus offer went up to £370pp 

Same cruise my friend whom has no loyalty, first cruise, booked inside had following offer

Ocean View £185

Balcony £920

Balcony Plus £1015

The pricing is a little off I would say as could at current pricing for a lot less into the three catagories.

Also received  today upgrade bid offer on 12Dec22 Onward. Same prices for me from V3 to Club Continent at £379 and Balcony Plus at £90.  Not bid on either. 

This may be a strange question, any experience of such would be appreciated. if a bid is accepted being based on 2x the bid amount, travelling solo, would that mean I could take advantage of dining for two people and breakfast in Aqualina for two people?

I did ask this question when I paid my recent balance and was told yes. I have doubts. Saw no point asking for confirmation in email as that is never likely to happen.

4 hours ago, RW75 said:

This may be a strange question, any experience of such would be appreciated. if a bid is accepted being based on 2x the bid amount, travelling solo, would that mean I could take advantage of dining for two people and breakfast in Aqualina for two people?

I did ask this question when I paid my recent balance and was told yes. I have doubts. Saw no point asking for confirmation in email as that is never likely to happen.

So, Yes, you should be able to take a guest to Aquilina for no extra charge.  I sailed in my own cabin and a friend was in a suite and she was able to  have me  join her in specialty restuarants for no charge

• Like 1

Just now, tango9 said:

So, Yes, you should be able to take a guest to Aquilina for no extra charge.  I sailed in my own cabin and a friend was in a suite and she was able to  have me  join her in specialty restuarants for no charge

Sorry I did not specify, but we did not try the breakast time. I don't think that a guest can join that

• Like 1