Perfect Day at Coco Cay

rt1092

Coco Cay will be up and running for the opener the first week of May 2019. The dock is not completely finished, but finished enough to use (they already docked the Mariner there)

Most of the amusements (with the exception of South Beach) will be ready to go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

Coco Cay will be up and running for the opener the first week of May 2019. The dock is not completely finished, but finished enough to use (they already docked the Mariner there)

Saw the Drone Shots and pictures last month thought looked like was further along...

This is a nice surprise.  Wasn’t expecting any thing to be open when we stop there on mar 25th.   Every now and then RCI can exceed expectations.  I was hopeful to use the new dock but wasn’t holding my breath.

32 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

What is the source you are hearing from?  Would be great news for everybody if its true

Just listened to the webcast and was OVERJOYED that the infinity pool is going to be up and running and the first passengers to experience the NEW Coco Cay will be this weekend!!! Since we sail next weekend, I cannot wait for that POOL!!!!!

12 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

What is the source you are hearing from?  Would be great news for everybody if its true

Some very reliable cruise blogs have reported things opening tomorrow.  Mainly food and the freshwater pool.

11 minutes ago, jrljel said:

Just listened to the webcast and was OVERJOYED that the infinity pool is going to be up and running and the first passengers to experience the NEW Coco Cay will be this weekend!!! Since we sail next weekend, I cannot wait for that POOL!!!!!

Not sure if the infinity pool is available,  but the large freshwater pool is reported opening tomorrow.

1 hour ago, jrljel said:

Is the pool an extra charge?

3 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

To each their own and everything....but I've never understood the need for a pool with how nice the water is at CocoCay...even when we were there in Dec.

If you have kids,  you understand the need for a pool...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Nope 😉

DSC02426.JPG

Cute kids!  Look about the same age as mine, 3(turning 4 Monday) and 8.  Your son looks earily similar to mine In That for a second I thought it was him.  Could be the angle but I really did think it was him for a split second.   Have two pics of my son below and you can judge for yourself.

We have a family reunion every year with over 26 kids at Perdido Key.  The main thing we HAVE to have is a pool AND a beach as half the kids don’t like the pool,  half don’t like beach.  Then the beach is too rough, and they complain the waters too cold,  and the numerous reasons to not want to be at the beach or pool are endless.  I am glad your kids are just content to play at the beach.

After an hour or two mine are normally done and want to go to a pool.  This last time though my son was more entertained than usual as he found a hermit crab colony and became obsessed with it.

4EDB8D35-48B9-4520-8545-8065B8AE0F66.jpeg

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 2

So we'll be there next Feb. Does anyone know what exactly there is to do there that is FREE? I'm just now learning that the waterpark is not free. I guess I shouldn't be shocked at this. :classic_rolleyes: There won't be any kids in our party so probably not worth the extra $$ to pay for waterpark if there is enough free stuff to do.

Thank you in advance. :classic_smile:

4 minutes ago, P.A. said:

So we'll be there next Feb. Does anyone know what exactly there is to do there that is FREE? I'm just now learning that the waterpark is not free. I guess I shouldn't be shocked at this. :classic_rolleyes: There won't be any kids in our party so probably not worth the extra $$ to pay for waterpark if there is enough free stuff to do.

Thank you in advance. :classic_smile:

Here is a link to the charts on Royal's website that lists what is complimentary and what is for fee.  I hope that it helps. 🙂

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-much-does-perfect-day-at-cococay-cost

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

To each their own and everything....but I've never understood the need for a pool with how nice the water is at CocoCay...even when we were there in Dec.

I’m an adult and MUCH PREFER a pool to the ocean.   I hate salt water.

I love to walk on the beach but refer to swim in a pool. Can't wait to see Cocoa Cay in 10 weeks!.  Although I was upset at first cause I liked it the way it was I think there will still be plenty of quiet areas & I'm looking forward to the swim up pool bar 

Edited by Jax129

1 hour ago, DancerMama25 said:

I’m an adult and MUCH PREFER a pool to the ocean.   I hate salt water.

Pool at Coco could easily be saltwater like most of the pools on the ships.  

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Pool at Coco could easily be saltwater like most of the pools on the ships.  

They advertise it as the largest Freshwater pool in the Caribbean so i hope it’s freshwater.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rimmit said:

They advertise it as the largest Freshwater pool in the Caribbean so i hope it’s freshwater.

Ok. I haven't read everything.  We're going this fall, but not sure if we're going to pay to use anything.