Perfect Day at Coco Cay

rt1092

3 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

How did you book that?  The only thing I see on my cruise is the

Thrill Waterpark Cabana And Full Day Pass  which is $503.

Pricing in the Cruise Planner.

It's important to note that pricing changes from time to time, and also varies by ship/cruise date. In our case...that price has been in our Cruise Planner for more than a month now.

10 hours ago, hapster85 said:

There are some employees that stay on the island full-time. The one I talked with last summer said it was around 80 people; she'd been on the island about 2 months at that point. Others come over by boat for the day.

The dorms and other facilities must be these buildings in the center of the island?

https://goo.gl/maps/RSp1XXihgS62

12 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Any free beach chairs?  We are not "beach" people and we would get off the shiip because we no longer have to tender and we would not plan on staying long.

MARAPRINCE

Yes 🙂  It's been reported there are many included options!  Some of the premium ones are too steep for me!

• Like 1

Just got back this week from a day on Coco Cay on Mariner and it was absolutely awesome. The freshwater pool was the bomb diggity! The only problem was that it was extremely cold so it was hard to stay in long but it was just unbelievably fabulous. Royal has hit this out of the park and I cannot wait to see it all done. The food was exceptional and the place where they have the food is such an upgrade from what they used to have. Very impressed. Once you get off the ship, it's quite a walk to the lagoon pool but everything is right in that vicinity so it's not too much walking once you get to the center of the island. I was overjoyed that we finally got to see it and get in the pool. I'm sure that others will agree with me is that this is a top notch destination for sure!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Getting out there said:

Is there still plenty of shade?

Same amount as before and some umbrellas poolside.

also the walk to the lagoon will drop in half once the other sections open as then it is a straight shot from the pier to the pool.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 2:08 PM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Pricing in the Cruise Planner.

It's important to note that pricing changes from time to time, and also varies by ship/cruise date. In our case...that price has been in our Cruise Planner for more than a month now.

So...

Some additional information received regarding the cabana pricing. Key factors include:

1) Date of cruise

2) Type of cabin (Suites appear to have lower cabana pricing than balcony, inside cabins)

3) C&A status

4) Occasional "discount" deals - usually a $100 reduction

There are other factors...but those are the main ones, and might help explain the variations being reported.

1 hour ago, twinsaj said:

Is there a special beach area for  suite guests?  There used to be I think. 

There was in Dec....it was the Cabana area....roped off and only suites (and cabana rentals) could access the water and beach chairs in that area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twinsaj said:

Is there a special beach area for  suite guests?  There used to be I think. 

Where the Cabanas were previously was not on the beach but was by the rocky shore line near the Tender entrance. Suite Guests, Pinnacles and Cabana users were only allowed in this area.There was no beach area set aside for Suite Guests!

2 hours ago, twinsaj said:

Thanks for your responses.  Was just curious.  I'm happy to be in any nice beach area.  Do you have to race off the ship to get a lounge chair and umbrella on the beach??   

Unless there are two Oasis class ships docking at the same time you should be fine.  There are thousands of chairs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm bumping this to ask some opinions.

I'm definitely going to hit the waterpark for at least a 1/2 day, but will that be enough?  Is there enough to walk/around and do on the island the other 1/2 of the day?

I'm thinking 1/2 day waterpark and 1/2 day free beach/pool.  My son and I are doing the waterpark zip lines as well.

9 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

One follow up question ...

If you buy the 1/2 day at the waterpark do you get to pick which 1/2?

Yes, I just booked. 1/2 day for my teens and it gave me a morning time or an afternoon. I think it was 8:30 or 1:30. 

On 3/15/2019 at 9:23 PM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Indeed. Plenty of people have medical or health issues with salt water.

Really?  I never heard about it, but I think I am afraid to find out.😳  I LOVE the ocean.

21 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Really?  I never heard about it, but I think I am afraid to find out.😳  I LOVE the ocean.

WOW...you probably live within a mile of us...we're a block away from your city.

In any case...yes...there are medical conditions some people have regarding ocean water. We are not among them, but know a couple of people who simply can't enjoy the ocean or saltwater - it causes allergic reactions and also impacts their blood pressure. Luckily these things only impact a small percentage of the population. We like to swim in the ocean as well.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

1 minute ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

WOW...you probably live within a mile of us...we're a block away from your city.

I live off 141 in St Ives.  Thanks for the info!  I would be heartbroken if I had those conditions.😔