P&O Australia - likelihood of waitlist clearing?

BUNNY81

Hi all, so I normally cruise RC, haven't cruise P&O since 2005.

On Friday morning I called P&O about a cruise in just three weeks time, I was given prices for 3 different cabin grades. I hung up, called the hubby, we both got time off work, booked a dog sitter and I called back within the hour.... to be told the whole cruise was now sold out.  Gutted!  Now, I get this can happen, not the cruiseline's fault or anything!... but we're a bit gutted given we just took the time off work etc. They've put us on a waitlist for any oceanview cabin (it's only 3 nights and at sea so didn't get a balcony like usual).  We must be pretty early on the waitlist given time difference between their being cabins available and selling out... although it's only three weeks away.  Has anyone been put on waitlist before?  How often do these usually clear?  I know there's no guarantee but I'm wondering if we give up now and try and book a different holiday (not a cruise) or wait it out a week or so...but then we'll be really close to the weekend in question in terms of booking something else.  So just trying to gauge really how often people have had success at waitlists! thanks!

• 4 months later...

I reckon you have a chance. Bear in mind that various cruise travel agents have allocations that they might not completely sell and therefore they will become available at the last minute.

If I were you, I would actually be contacting the various travel agents to see if they have anything left on that cruise. Good luck!