Cruise Critic Community
BUNNY81

P&O Australia - likelihood of waitlist clearing?

Hi all, so I normally cruise RC, haven't cruise P&O since 2005.

On Friday morning I called P&O about a cruise in just three weeks time, I was given prices for 3 different cabin grades. I hung up, called the hubby, we both got time off work, booked a dog sitter and I called back within the hour.... to be told the whole cruise was now sold out.  Gutted!  Now, I get this can happen, not the cruiseline's fault or anything!... but we're a bit gutted given we just took the time off work etc. They've put us on a waitlist for any oceanview cabin (it's only 3 nights and at sea so didn't get a balcony like usual).  We must be pretty early on the waitlist given time difference between their being cabins available and selling out... although it's only three weeks away.  Has anyone been put on waitlist before?  How often do these usually clear?  I know there's no guarantee but I'm wondering if we give up now and try and book a different holiday (not a cruise) or wait it out a week or so...but then we'll be really close to the weekend in question in terms of booking something else.  So just trying to gauge really how often people have had success at waitlists! thanks!

Suggest calling them regularly and do your own enquiries online to see if anything opens up.