Better baclony upgrade for $32

airlink diva

Hi everyone!

First of all disclaimer. !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know someone is going to post, "I never been able to book that type of cabin", or "XYZ wouldn't allow a solo cruiser to book it".  I will tell you some cruiselines won't, but it don't hurt to try and such might work in your favor.  Now on to my posting

I'm sailing on the Carnival Valor in September for my birthday.  When booking I got a good offer on a balcony cabin. I wanted to actually have a cabin on the Lido deck, but traveling solo and what they wanted was more than I wanted to spend.  End up on middle deck.

Now this balcony cabin was one that sleeps four people (two beds, sofa, and Pullman bed) I was able to book.  I will admit booking with the hopes of an upgrade.

About week and half ago, about to head for bed (work graveyard) around 3:30 p.m. when an email from Carnival pop up.  

They wanted to offer an upgrade for $32.

I had the option of the deck above the Lido or Lido deck.  I went to check out rooms location for both.  Closer to the action, quick access to cabin and now just cabin for two people.

I opt for the Lido balcony cabin.

Close enough to go to my cabin for the restroom and relax, just quick walk down hallway to food, coffee and pool action.

Even with the $32 added to what I'm paying cheaper than what time of booking.

I think the offer was because they wanted my cabin for a larger group.

Now may not happen on my next cruise, but happy with the outcome!

• Like 2

Same happened to me for my Christmas cruise last year on the Conquest.  Got an upgrade email to move to Lido balcony for I think it was $64?  After checking out location, grabbed it!  Super convenient to everything.  (Although if I knew ahead of time I'd be dealing with noisy toddlers in the cabin across from me, with two strollers constantly blocking the hallway....:classic_dry:)