British Colonial Hilton

gaylemh

We have always just walked to the front desk of the hotel and bought the day passes there. It cost $65 pp and includes $40 or $45  food/drink coupons. Not a bad deal. I would book directly with the hotel since its cheaper.

Includes towels, use of the pool, day beds, chairs,etc. The beach is very nice also. 

Have been there atleast 5 times and are going again in May.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi, I booked mine at resortforaday, sorry for jumping in but Does anyone know if this place gets crowded during the summer? I have a cruise booked early July, but we do not get to port until 10 am,  would there be any issues getting lounge chairs? Is there any way to reserve loungers?  

We were just there last week and we paid $80pp which includes use of the property, chairs, umbrellas, towels and a $40 food/beverage credit pp.  I believe Resort for a Day charges $82pp. 

On 3/26/2019 at 2:52 PM, Carla in Converse said:

We have always just walked to the front desk of the hotel and bought the day passes there. It cost $65 pp and includes $40 or $45  food/drink coupons. Not a bad deal. I would book directly with the hotel since its cheaper.

Includes towels, use of the pool, day beds, chairs,etc. The beach is very nice also. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Last week when I called the Hilton it was $79 at the desk with $40 credit.

Hope this helps 🙂

THANK YOU for the updated price inf. We were there 2 yrs ago and the price at that time was $65. I also just called the Hotel and was given the same rate as you $79 with a $40 food/beverage credit. That is a big price increase, Whoa!

On 4/1/2019 at 3:11 PM, Carla in Converse said:

Hope this helps 🙂

THANK YOU for the updated price inf. We were there 2 yrs ago and the price at that time was $65. I also just called the Hotel and was given the same rate as you $79 with a $40 food/beverage credit. That is a big price increase, Whoa!

We bought a day pass there 10 years ago for $15. Out of the resorts we visited, the Hilton has the worst beach by far.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:09 AM, mjkacmom said:

We bought a day pass there 10 years ago for $15. Out of the resorts we visited, the Hilton has the worst beach by far.

What resort would you say has the better beaches?

We were wondering about the $40 food credit.  We've visited Nassau many, many, MANY times and know that food is expensive on the island. The only menus I could find online was either for breakfast or a really nice dinner menu.

So, my question is do they have a restaurant/bar where the $40 food credit is accepted that serves things that I would consider "beach food". Hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, etc...?

7 hours ago, Doug910 said:

We were wondering about the $40 food credit.  We've visited Nassau many, many, MANY times and know that food is expensive on the island. The only menus I could find online was either for breakfast or a really nice dinner menu.

So, my question is do they have a restaurant/bar where the $40 food credit is accepted that serves things that I would consider "beach food". Hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, etc...?

They have burgers, chicken fingers, wraps etc. We have gone there every year for the past 15 years and although the price keeps going up, I still feel it's a good deal. There's three of us, so for the $120 food/beverage credit, we get about 10 beers, a couple sodas, a few bottled waters and two chicken finger baskets (with fries, and it's enough to feed 3) for pretty close to the $120. I always leave a $20 for the beach waiter who brings us our stuff. 

We'll be back there in three weeks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

They have burgers, chicken fingers, wraps etc. We have gone there every year for the past 15 years and although the price keeps going up, I still feel it's a good deal. There's three of us, so for the $120 food/beverage credit, we get about 10 beers, a couple sodas, a few bottled waters and two chicken finger baskets (with fries, and it's enough to feed 3) for pretty close to the $120. I always leave a $20 for the beach waiter who brings us our stuff. 

We'll be back there in three weeks! 

Appreciate the fast response. Sounds exactly what we are looking for!

• 2 weeks later...

I did this back in 2016 with me, my wife and my then 2 year old (he was free). My wife and I basically used the credit on drinks (purposefully had big breakfast to skip lunch and just wait for dinner on ship) and some food for our 2 year old. Really good deal and nice beach. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, TYMAN said:

I'll take a pic of the menu when I'm there in a few weeks. 

Following along for picture of menu.  Also wondering if there's a taxi stand at the hotel?  I know I can walk back to the pier, but my 7 year old will likely complain about walking both ways.

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

Here’s the menu. They do have chicken fingers too,  I’ll post that pic. Fingers were good, fries? Ugh

How were the mixed drinks?  Were they watered down like on the ships?

41 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

How were the mixed drinks?  Were they watered down like on the ships?

Just had beer. DW had a lemon daiquiri, she said was good. 

• 2 weeks later...