Seadream Vs Ponant

sunswimsail

Hello to fellow seadreamers.  As a travel planner I have an annual group that loves small ships  and the only one we have not done in Ponant and being asked to consider it for the Caribbean this year.  They seem to be willing to offer a nice rate for my group.  Does anyone have any comparisons to share?  Appreciate all feedback.  Thank you 

Although my only cruise on Ponant was to Antarctica, I would consider them apples to oranges. The balcony cabins are very small (we upgraded to the Owners Suite) and that was suitable. Food, very good to average, nice wines, and good service.  I felt like we were on a river cruise which we detest.

Seadream in the Caribbean is the way to go. I have not been on them in  a few years, but have booked two for 2020. One in the Caribbean and another Amalfi coast. Food, service, and few passengers, al fresco dining, make it the best. Here I felt we were on a yacht.

I found SD when on another small cruise ship in Sorrento Bay. I looked out and saw what I thought was a private yacht. I said to DH, I want to be on that one. After further inspection, I realized it was SD and not private and that is how it started.

On 3/19/2019 at 11:25 PM, portofinoitaly said:

Although my only cruise on Ponant was to Antarctica, I would consider them apples to oranges. The balcony cabins are very small (we upgraded to the Owners Suite) and that was suitable. Food, very good to average, nice wines, and good service.  I felt like we were on a river cruise which we detest.

Seadream in the Caribbean is the way to go. I have not been on them in  a few years, but have booked two for 2020. One in the Caribbean and another Amalfi coast. Food, service, and few passengers, al fresco dining, make it the best. Here I felt we were on a yacht.

I found SD when on another small cruise ship in Sorrento Bay. I looked out and saw what I thought was a private yacht. I said to DH, I want to be on that one. After further inspection, I realized it was SD and not private and that is how it started.

I agree completely. Ponant is really a 4 star line. It is good, but the service was nowhere near as good as SeaDream. Also we found the French passengers were a little cliquey and didn’t want to mix with passengers from other countries.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree apples to oranges.  I sailed on Le Ponant  (Mediterranean) around the same time that I sailed on SeaDream (Caribbean).  The experience was so different.  SeaDream had better food, service and ambience.  I would never sail Ponant again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 8:25 AM, TrulyBlonde said:

Thank you very much.  My clients decided to skip Ponant and stick with SD.  Sailing in November, and have an extra Stateroom booked due to one couple cancellation, great deal if you are looking for another SD Trip.