Person Overboard on Mariner

I read a post elsewhere by the guy mentioned in the Newsweek article that there was a fight between a newlywed couple, she threw some of his stuff overboard and he jumped in to save it. Supposedly they were put off the ship and banned for life...

7 minutes ago, vidsmart said:

I read a post elsewhere by the guy mentioned in the Newsweek article that there was a fight between a newlywed couple, she threw some of his stuff overboard and he jumped in to save it. Supposedly they were put off the ship and banned for life...

Interesting... The article linked a couple posts back says it was a crew member - ah whoever knows?

vidsmart - I need to find your books, they sound interesting!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

Interesting... The article linked a couple posts back says it was a crew member - ah whoever knows?

I can't be certain; normally I wouldn't even mention it given I am not certain but since the guy who posted it was also mentioned in the article...

The Joy of Cruising (Amazon, thx)

11 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

The article you reference said in a previous incident (the January one) it was a crew member.  It says the passenger was rescued in this instance. 

6&8

On 3/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Well the assumption was that since it was a person (not a rescue dog).

Of course the only other possibility was a crew member.

Yes that is, or at least was, the other possiblity. You just can't help yourself but to include just a bit of snark, the dog bit,  can you.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vidsmart said:

I can't be certain; normally I wouldn't even mention it given I am not certain but since the guy who posted it was also mentioned in the article...

The Joy of Cruising (Amazon, thx)

Thanks, if it's the fighting newlyweds I'm more interested in knowing what was thrown overboard that was worth trying to save (and wasn't immediately sunk)!

I'll look for that!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vidsmart said:

I'm thinking this marriage won't last😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm thinking this marriage won't last😊

Ya think? I heard they were put off in Nassau. Supposedly much of his luggage was tossed overboard. If true I sure would love to be a fly on the wall in their room in Nassau (or maybe not)

1 hour ago, vidsmart said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Zach1213