QM2 Dubai to New York

safarigal

We will be on the final leg of QM2's world cruise - and I will be updating my blog - that is if the internet is working, and I can overcome my current struggles with Word Press.  https://whereissafarigal.wordpress.com/category/queens-2-queens/?order=asc. The trip is called Queens 2 Queens. I can't wait to be on QM2 :)

• Like 3

Thanks for following along :). We have got as far as the airport hotel where we are spending the night before flying to Dubai tomorrow. Not that I am going to get any sleep tonight, I am bursting with excitement, I simply can't wait to see QE2 and QM2 again!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Hi Lesley

Really jealous!!! It's now 11 years since we were aboard QE2. It was room 1028. I think Deck 1 is now being used again. I'd love to see what they've done to her.

Bon voyage.

Stewart

In 2008 we were in 1001 - I wonder if they have renovated it yet :)

34 minutes ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Great!  Look forward to read your World cruise blog. Have been following it for the last years!

Thanks! We are about to board our flight to Dubai - QE2 and QM2 here we come :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

I highly recommend to everyone that you follow safarigal on her blog at https://whereissafarigal.wordpress.com/ It is truly the next best thing to being there. A gifted writer who can take you on a great adventure.

Thank you for your kind words!

QM2 is as beautiful as ever - loving every minute on board :)

On 3/27/2019 at 3:13 AM, BigMac1953 said:

Enjoying the read!

Any more pics of QE2?

Thanks

Stewart

You - but I'm waiting for a decent internet connection before I post them! She is not the ship we know and love anymore, but I was surprisingly pleased by her current condition, and with a bit of imagination it felt like we really were on board again :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Jack E Dawson said:

I highly recommend to everyone that you follow safarigal on her blog at https://whereissafarigal.wordpress.com/ It is truly the next best thing to being there. A gifted writer who can take you on a great adventure.

Thank you for this recommendation and link. I am thoroughly enjoying the blog.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:07 AM, Tonopah said:

Thank you for this recommendation and link. I am thoroughly enjoying the blog.

Thank you. I am really enjoying the trip - Southampton today, and then off to New York this afternoon. This voyage is really going by too fast :)

Dear Safarigal --

In January 2019, we sailed on the Queen Mary2 from New York to Dubai --- the opposite of your trip.  We enjoyed reading your blog and felt that we were reliving our cruise through you.   I found it interesting that the Choir did the same songs that we sang during the Crossing and the Southampton to Dubai segment.   I guess Andrew decided that the music we did was a big hit and he wanted to recreate it throughout the cruise.    However, I don't know how I would have felt repeating the same songs for each segment if I had been doing the full World Cruise. 

Thank you for posting your blog.   We really enjoyed it -- plus, your photos were great!

We would love to see any pictures that you took during your stay  on the QE2. 

All our best,  Babscruiser

(P.S.  My husband never got up to dance either.)