Luggage cubes

Debbborra

I have no idea where this question should go. I saw a realky cute set of six cubes in various sizes on Amazon for not much money. Other stores have far more expensive, and less cute sets for double, tripple and quadruple the price. What are the quality differences between more and less expensive sets? 

3 hours ago, Debbborra said:

I have no idea where this question should go. I saw a realky cute set of six cubes in various sizes on Amazon for not much money. Other stores have far more expensive, and less cute sets for double, tripple and quadruple the price. What are the quality differences between more and less expensive sets? 

We have ordered all ours from Amazon...they are from e-bags.  Those are great and have lasted us years.

Be sure to read the reviews on Amazon. They can often help you determine quality. By default, the reviews are sorted by "Most Helpful" (or something like that), but I like to sort them by newest first. That way I can see recent experiences people have with things. Because sometimes sellers change to an improved version of the product that may not get the complaints you see in older reviews.

• Like 1

I am convinced. Though the set that I saw on Amazon are infinitely cuter than the ebags and far cheaper, I'm going with the ebags. While it's hard to compete with blue and white stripes, the recent reviews were not great. Conversely, everyone seems to love their ebag cubes. 

Thank you for all the good advice and thoughts. 

I gave my daughter a set (from Amazon) a few Christmases ago.  She raved about them so much that I got a set for our cruise to Japan last Fall.  They were great!  I'm going to order another set before our upcoming cruise, so both my husband and I have a set.  I'm getting a different colour so it will be easy to tell them apart.  One thing I will say is that it's best to stick with one kind of clothing item per cube.  Don't put 7 t-shirts in one and then decide to add some socks, jewelry, belts, etc. unless you have a good memory.  I spent some time sorting through all of them to find a specific item when I did this. 

They're really good for cross packing.

I fill one packing cube with some of my clothes (at least one complete outfit) and put it in my husband's checked bag.  He does the same. 

That way, if one of our bags is delayed or missing, we each have more clothes.

We have 2 colours, one for each of us.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, soonernstlouis said:

Not sure if this is the Amazon item OP was talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JVHYJ8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0ZNKCbHR1SEGC

Use coupon code RTXRFRKI to lower price to $13.99.  

Thanks for this link, and the coupon code worked!  Will arrive Monday, we are leaving on Friday, 4/5.  Can't wait to try them!

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, CM1984 said:

Thanks for this link, and the coupon code worked!  Will arrive Monday, we are leaving on Friday, 4/5.  Can't wait to try them!

I have seen so many posts re Packing Cubes, and love to be organized, but kept fighting purchasing.  I did purchased and used this on our Caribbean cruise 4/7-4/14, and I also purchased a similar set from ebags - on sale.  I used both and LOVE LOVE LOVE them.  But I will tell you now - the ebags are a little heavier material than the set I purchased from Amazon for $13.99.  ebags MAY last a bit longer, but the Amazon set I think is more cost-effective.  Thank you soonernstlouis

I have a lot of these in various sizes. Our first cruise is next month, but I've used them plenty on non-cruise trips - work, leisure, domestic, international, long weekend or two-week trek.

The super small ones, I pack the individual jewelry "sacks" in. Generally, I use them for "outfits" when packing. For the trip home, I tend to pack them as clean/dirty. I tend to pack bras/underwear, socks, workout clothes, etc., together.

When we're somewhere for 3 nights, plus, we like to completely unpack, but these are particularly helpful for those "interim" nights. If we have a super early flight, and are worried that an Uber might not be dependable (we're [sadly] in the burbs), we stay at an airport hotel the night before, and these are super helpful in unpacking one pair of pajamas and one "flying outfit" without unpacking our entire suitcase.

• 2 years later...
On 3/23/2019 at 1:51 PM, CM1984 said:

On 3/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, soonernstlouis said:

Not sure if this is the Amazon item OP was talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JVHYJ8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0ZNKCbHR1SEGC

Use coupon code RTXRFRKI to lower price to $13.99.  

Hi @soonernstlouis It has been two years since you gave this recommendation.  I need to say a huge THANK YOU to you for this link (which I know I already did), however, I have become addicted to packing cubes, and it's all your fault!  😂😍

I have no clue how many I have, I purchased the ones you recommended more than once.  I have given so many as Christmas gifts to family and friends - they all love them.  Thank you!  

We have had a few cruises cancelled, and hope to go on HAL's new ship Rotterdam to Southern Caribbean in November.  How about you?

Mimi

On 3/19/2019 at 11:50 AM, Debbborra said:

We have 2 sets from Amazon.

Have had them several years & we travel several times/yr. 

Still in great shape

• Like 1

I use the clear, zippered "boxes" that sheet sets come in, and also the extra-large clear compression bags from dollar store.  Those are like a jumbo sandwich bag, but with a zip on one end and channels on the other.  Fill, zip, then sit on to compress.

On 6/23/2021 at 7:38 AM, shipgeeks said:

I use the clear, zippered "boxes" that sheet sets come in, 

This is what I do as well.  I like that you can see exactly what is inside, and I like that they can easily be washed out when I get back home.

• Like 1