Uber Fort Lauderdale

Celebrity Liner

7 minutes ago, Celebrity Liner said:

Do you use it in Fort Lauderdale or in other US City´s?

I used it in Fort Lauderdale to get from the airport to my hotel on Las Olas. And to get from the hotel to the port. Both experiences were very good. I did not use it from the port back to the airport. 

22 minutes ago, Celebrity Liner said:

Do you use it in Fort Lauderdale or in other US City´s?

Both.  I use Uber everywhere but mainly in Fort Lauderdale because I live here.

My husband and I live right off Las Olas so it's easier for us to uber anywhere we can't walk than to take the car.  Because parking is not free anywhere here East of US1,  it is also cheaper for us to Uber.

I've used Uber and Lyft all over the U.S., and used Uber in London (great savings but I miss those black cabs).

In Park City Utah our Uber was a pickup truck. I never had been in the rear seating area of a Ford 150 before. Now I know why they are huge sellers.

Uber and Lyft, I choose the one with the best price.

We have well over 100 Uber rides under our belts. No complaints, used it all over the country, including a ton in Ft. Lauderdale. 

There are over 15 million Uber rides PER DAY. There's always people that will complain about anything. (See many, many threads on this board about people complaining about clothes, music, hotels, etc.) Take each one with a grain of salt. 

We used it from the terminal to our hotel (ES).  We accidentally 'pooled' our trip (meaning we shared with another couple).  The short ride cost us $7.45 plus tip.   We enjoyed the ride sharing experiences with the new found friends that rode with us. 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, Charles4515 said:

I used it in Fort Lauderdale to get from the airport to my hotel on Las Olas. And to get from the hotel to the port. Both experiences were very good. I did not use it from the port back to the airport. 

How much did it cost you ?

Apparently cost of Uber is dependent on factors like time of day, day of week and supply and demand.  When we got to our home town we were looking at Uber to our home.  It was around $20 for the ride.  Since we didn't have our luggage we didn't order it.  We waited literally 2 minutes for our luggage to appear on the airport carousel.  Just as we were ready to push the button to order the ride, it jumped to over $30.  Turns out at 5PM rush order traffic affects the cost of the ride. 

Apparently cost of Uber is dependent on factors like time of day, day of week and supply and demand.  When we got to our home town we were looking at Uber to our home.  It was around $20 for the ride.  Since we didn't have our luggage we didn't order it.  We waited literally 2 minutes for our luggage to appear on the airport carousel.  Just as we were ready to push the button to order the ride, it jumped to over $30.  Turns out at 5PM rush order traffic affects the cost of the ride. 

They do have surge pricing. I also always check the price for Lyft too on the Lyft app. I don’t know if it is a local thing here but both Uber and Lyft are always sending me discounts. Like 10 or 20 per cent off between certain dates.

It's highly unlikely, if not nearly impossible to see surge pricing at airports. The drivers are in the waiting area for a long time, upwards of an hour, just waiting for a request. They are way overloaded with drivers. Surge is overall pretty rare in South Florida. More likely when a concert let's out or something like that 

• Like 1

I checked prices in advance just for comparison going from hotel to cruise terminal and didn’t notice much (if any)surge the day we used it even with 8 ships in port.

I felt bad for the driver only having a fare of $10.24 from the Riverside Hotel to the cruise terminal on a Sunday this past January. There is a lot of traffic and congestion getting there when there are a lot of ships and they check your IDs going in to the port. When I had taken taxis from the same hotel in previous years the fare would vary between $20 to $24 depending the congestion. The Uber fare really is too low for what the driver has to go thru. I gave him a good tip.
  • Like 2

I used this Lyft this month to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Port and back again. There was some surge pricing on the disembarkation day but that was around 8am-9am. We only got off the ship at 9:30am and then it was fine; prices had gone back down. Also used it around Fort Lauderdale as well and all was fine.

my major problem at FFL (Verizon service) has been being able to connect to data at the airport, much like at a major concert where everything bogs down.  Once i get away from the airport Uber has been great.

Have done internet searches and found FLL is know for bad internet service from all carriers

my major problem at FFL (Verizon service) has been being able to connect to data at the airport, much like at a major concert where everything bogs down.  Once i get away from the airport Uber has been great.

Have done internet searches and found FLL is know for bad internet service from all carriers

I have had no problem with service from AT&T at FLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk