Bermuda Port Fees?

SeaTheW0r1d

Does anyone know how much the port fees are for King's Wharf?

The reason I ask is MSC Divina has just diverted from Bermuda to Santa Cruz de Tenerife because of weather. 

Personally, I don't care about the change. I just want to make sure the change is reflected in the port fees. 

I trust MSC about as far as I can throw them. 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, SeaTheW0r1d said:

Does anyone know how much the port fees are for King's Wharf?

The reason I ask is MSC Divina has just diverted from Bermuda to Santa Cruz de Tenerife because of weather. 

Personally, I don't care about the change. I just want to make sure the change is reflected in the port fees. 

I trust MSC about as far as I can throw them. 

Thanks!

Among the highest. Over $60 a day but don't count on getting that back. I have not been on MSC but I have had missed port days on Bermuda cruises and never got anything like that back. They give you what they want. Sometimes vouchers for another sailing. Good luck.

29 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Among the highest. Over $60 a day but don't count on getting that back. I have not been on MSC but I have had missed port days on Bermuda cruises and never got anything like that back. They give you what they want. Sometimes vouchers for another sailing. Good luck.

It's not $60 a day, it's currently $60 maximum. According to this article in the Royal Gazette http://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/article/20190307/new-taxes-on-cruise-ship-passengers-tabled it's currently $20 per passenger per 24 hour period with a maximum of $60. The new proposal calls for ships berthed at the Dockyard to be charged $25 per person per day up to a maximum of $75 with ships docked in Hamilton and st. George remaining at $20 per person per day, plus there would be a $22 per person fee imposed for ships carrying more than 4,000 passengers from April 1 to October 31, and in addition a $16 per passenger departure tax imposed between April 1 and October 31.

It's not $60 a day, it's currently $60 maximum. According to this article in the Royal Gazette http://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/article/20190307/new-taxes-on-cruise-ship-passengers-tabled it's currently $20 per passenger per 24 hour period with a maximum of $60. The new proposal calls for ships berthed at the Dockyard to be charged $25 per person per day up to a maximum of $75 with ships docked in Hamilton and st. George remaining at $20 per person per day, plus there would be a $22 per person fee imposed for ships carrying more than 4,000 passengers from April 1 to October 31, and in addition a $16 per passenger departure tax imposed between April 1 and October 31.

Correct. All I remembered was the $60. Should have went back and reread the article.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Correct. All I remembered was the $60. Should have went back and reread the article.

Thanks for the info. 

NCL has returned fees when we missed their island. 

If it's only $20 (or $25 since we are at King's Wharf) it will probably be a wash. We were to be there 2 days. I'll ask. All they can do is say "no", at which point there will be an argument. 😂

Edited by SeaTheW0r1d

3 hours ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Is Tenerife a substitute for Bermuda or a scheduled port for your cruise?  If it is scheduled, Bermuda charges should be refunded.  If Tenerife is substituted, those charges may be applied to Tenerife.  Just my thought.

It's a substitute. We were to be in Bermuda today and tomorrow (3/20 -3/21). Instead we are at sea headed to Ponte Degada (2 days early) then to SCdT. 

22 hours ago, JustAllie said:

How many sea days do you have in a row now?

Bermuda isn't really near anything, so substituting another port definitely increases sea days.  

Tomorrow (Saturday 3/23/19) will be the 5th see day in a row. We make it to Ponte Delgada on Sunday for an overnight stop.

There was going to be 4 sea days after Bermuda, so it's not that big of a change. 

4 hours ago, SeaTheW0r1d said:

Tomorrow (Saturday 3/23/19) will be the 5th see day in a row. We make it to Ponte Delgada on Sunday for an overnight stop.

There was going to be 4 sea days after Bermuda, so it's not that big of a change. 

I'll bet you will know every corner of that ship by the time you disembark! 

I went on a an NCL Norwegian fjords cruise last year from Hamburg, and about 2/3 of the way through the trip, we all found an unexpected $60 credit on our onboard accounts.  No explanation.  I went down to the front desk to ask, and discovered that it was a reduction in port charges and fees that had been passed back to the customers.  The thing is that we hadn't changed any ports, so one or more of the ports must have changed the fees.  It was weird that they didn't announce it or explain it.  I think a lot of the passengers thought it was a mistake in their favor and just kept their mouths shut.  😄