Earliest flight from BOS

EuroDate20

Hello everyone,

DH and I are doing a New England cruise out of Boston in October.  First time cruising from Boston.  The inbound flight is not an issue.  But what's the earliest return flight I can safely book?  Can we make a 10 am flight from Logan?  Thanks in advance!

52 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

While there is a chance you could make it, that's a bit tight in my mind. 

Totally agree.  What ship and what day of the week?  

I came in from Bermuda last fall on a Sunday and had the concierge arrange to have me join the very first group to self disembark (a ship’s tour of Boston with airport dropoff).  I wasn’t off the ship until about 8:30 am. Even though the airport is really close, IMO it would have been a tight time to get to the airport, check baggage, and get through security to make a 10 am flight.   Customs was the issue that day.  Disembarkation started very late because they were processing the folks who had spent over their customs limit.  We stood in line almost an hour.  Once they started processing folks, it was very quick.

I wouldn’t be booking a flight before noon.  What airline are you flying?  My situation was different - I just wanted to get off early so my husband could pick me up to drive to Maine for a wedding breakfast and I am a D+.  When I heard about the early customs check for folks spending over the customs limit (somefolks apparently went crazy buying liquor and jewelry),  I went to the concierge to see what he could do for me and he was great. I also had carryon luggage - no need to find my bags at Black Falcon. IMO if I were flying out of Logan with checked bags at 10 am,  it would have been very stressful.  You probably don’t know the airport - the security varies from terminal to terminal and some gates in terminal A seem like they’re halfway back to Boston.  

I haven't booked my return flight yet, but it'll probably be JetBlue, American, or Delta.   Is there a particular airline terminal I should avoid?  Too bad they don't have Luggage Valet in Boston.   That makes it so much easier!

Thank you 138 for your help in this thread and one about the hotel I posted earlier. 

8 hours ago, EuroDate20 said:

I haven't booked my return flight yet, but it'll probably be JetBlue, American, or Delta.   Is there a particular airline terminal I should avoid?  Too bad they don't have Luggage Valet in Boston.   That makes it so much easier!

Thank you 138 for your help in this thread and one about the hotel I posted earlier. 

All the terminals can be busy.  I don’t fly often enough to be an expert.  I’m actually flying this afternoon, but each time I go something is different.