Cruise Critic Community
elles5

Roll call for CMV Marco Polo Iceland Circumnavigation and Northern Isles

Anyone joining us on May 3rd from Cardiff? Looking forward to it so much and counting down the days.

yes were on it viv and cori were doing a back to back with the preceeding around britain cruise

viv and cori

On 3/21/2019 at 5:40 PM, greenshoots said:

yes were on it viv and cori were doing a back to back with the preceeding around britain cruise

viv and cori

Still relatively new to cruising, wanted to do it for many years but for many reasons wasn't able to. We had our first cruise last May on the Marco Polo to Iceland. I fell for the Marco Polo in a big way. My husband was ill for a lot of the cruise as it was quite rough and he didn't really get the full benefit of places we visited so we decided to try again this May. I get very excited the closer it gets, like a child waiting for Christmas. We are on the Magellan for British Isles cruise later in the year. We went on a short Rivers and Cities cruise last year and there were cricketers on board. There was a raffle and CMV had donated a cruise as first prize. Amazingly, because we never win anything, we got first prize. That means we go on the cruise we won on 1st September for 11 nights. We are home a few days then off to Bristol for the Baltic Cruise. Still pinching myself that all this is happening.  I waited 40 years but it's been worth the wait.

Booked this cruise recently as we live in Cardiff so no long journey to Tilbury,

A few weeks ago we were on the Astoria from Poole to Rouen for River Seine cruise. The destinations were  Honfleur and Rouen. The sea was very rough heading out and returning.

We love the MarcoPolo and must have been on it at least ten times. The big ships are ok but on them, you feel you are in a small town and not on a ship,  We have been on the Magellan as well but prefer the Marco Polo.

It was either an Andre Rieu concert in Maastricht or a cruise. So when I saw this cruise advertised especially from Cardiff I choose the latter option. Went to an Andre Rieu concert in Maastricht last July and loved it. Might still even go again.

Looking forward very much to this cruise and meeting fellow passengers.

Best

Tony and Coco from Cardiff.