Elite Happy Hour

lawra09

17 hours ago, jsf said:

I'm glad we don't drink any more this too confusing to keep up with. I just want to know if I can go to the bar and get 6 can's of diet Coke to take back to our cabin. We've done this on our last 3 cruises, work's for us.

Can you get 6 beers to take back to your room.

1 hour ago, WAVTAM said:

Have the CC Hostess provide a separate identifying white card, and one can then gets drinks in any bar.

Are you saying the CC hostess now provides non elites staying in the same stateroom as an elite are given a white card to have CC HH drinks in the lounge and any bar (except the WCB)?  

21 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Are you saying the CC hostess now provides non elites staying in the same stateroom as an elite are given a white card to have CC HH drinks in the lounge and any bar (except the WCB)?  

Correct. Celebrity is one of the lines that offer this perk. To make the non Elite in your cabin a "temporary  " Elite , we have always been given a white card(looks like cruise card) but just allows access to HH. Does not offer other perks like spa passes etc.

29 minutes ago, WAVTAM said:

Correct. Celebrity is one of the lines that offer this perk. To make the non Elite in your cabin a "temporary  " Elite , we have always been given a white card(looks like cruise card) but just allows access to HH. Does not offer other perks like spa passes etc.

At the other bars/lounges also? How nice :classic_rolleyes: (SMH)! I learn something new everyday on CC. Hopefully if Celebrity ever decides the need to start cutting elite perks this is one of them.  I figured it wouldn't allow any of the the other elite perks (as it should be). Well except the elite breakfast. 

Edited by davekathy

27 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder. You don't understand why people have to share cabins. Lighten up

Ontario Cruiser

No need to be nasty. Just voicing my opinion and how I feel about it. I don't care if you or anyone else disagrees with me. It is none of my business what you or others do but when I read about it here on CC I'll truthfully respond. If you don't like it, oh well.  Sharing a cabin has absolutely nothing to do with getting the CC HH drinks that the person has not paid for by cruising enough with Celebrity. As you know, those upper tier level benefits didn't come free or cheap. If it's not that big of a deal enjoy your CC HH drinks and let your roommate pay for hers. It doesn't really matter what my opinion is. Only Celebrity's trumps my opinion. 

Edited by davekathy

9 hours ago, WAVTAM said:

I know for a fact that when the HH (no coupons and no three drinks or unlimited on the Sea Pass Card) was in one location this was the process with a cabin mate that was not Elite.  This was done, so they could socialize with you and enjoy the free drinks.

Do you know for a fact that this same privilege applied when drink Coupons were used (they were given their own coupons) and with the new unlimited drinks at other bars?  It is no longer needed for the social aspect of the HH, since your cabin mate can just pay for drinks at the same location.  

If true, it is a very nice “give away” by Celebrity.  Personally I am surprised.

I would also be surprised if Celebrity would allow anyone to take an unlimited number of drinks back to their cabin.  In order to enjoy them at a different time.

I have been Elite for awhile now, but due to a mixup (my name has jr in it) and someone trying to “fix” and issue, i was reset to zero for our last cruise.

Fortunately my dw stayed as elite and i got the elite benefits the same as she did. It is now resolved now but I did once get benefits from sharing a cabin.

Someone on here mentioned that it was because we are married, but i suspect its just policy to give both cruisers the same benefits. I have no strong opinions on whether they should or should not do that, just stating my experience.

So, while i am sure you cannot take unlimited beers or sodas back to your cabin, back when there were coupons, we would use two for cocktails before dinner, and our 3rd one i would ask the bartender for a stella artois “unopened” and they usually complied (and I usually gave a tip). You could then take that back to the cabin for later. Gaming the system i suppose, but we really only wanted two before dinner.

As for the martini bar, YES, you can get a martini there, but not the special martinis they are famous for like the sunset martini. You get the regular, little, standard brand alcohol martini you could get at any bar.

On March 20, 2019 at 6:42 PM, Ontario Cruiser said:

Same question I asked before.non elite that was booked in the same cabin were allowed drinks in the lounge. What happens now? Do they still have to get drinks there only Ontario Cruiser

On a cruise we did in January2019, my husband was given Elite status, to match my status. (He has only done 2 cruises on Celebrity). His sea-pass showed Elite and he was able to get complimentary drinks in the lounge and bars between 5 - 7 pm.

If a friend is sharing your cabin and doesn't have your same last name or address and is non-elite, I don't believe they will get the drinks in the bars...depends on the status shown on their Sea Pass.

I would also be surprised if Celebrity would allow anyone to take an unlimited number of drinks back to their cabin.  In order to enjoy them at a different time.

We just finished 2 weeks on the Oasis and was able to ask for 2 coke and 2 waters and we just walk out of HH. Of course a tip goes a long way in procuring those benfits.

On March 20, 2019 at 5:35 PM, Mr. Click said:

We do 3 diet cokes, 1 ginger ale and 2 bottles of water.......it sucks paying for that stuff on embarcation day.

I take on board with me 2 bottles of water and 2 bottles/cans of ginger ale to avoid paying for these on the ship, specially on embarkation day. I ask the cabin steward on the very first time we meet, to remove everything from the mini-bar so I can stock my drinks in there. This way there is no chance of being billed for mini-bar drinks. Has worked really well for me.

On March 20, 2019 at 9:03 PM, davekathy said:

IMO non elite staying in the same stateroom with elite should consider themselves very luck to even get CC HH drinks at all. We'd like to see that practice eliminated for non upper tier level cruisers staying in the same stateroom.

I love cruising, my husband of 38 years doesn't. So I cruise 'solo' and pay the price in $. So when he does cruise with me, it is just right that he gets to enjoy the Elite perks as well. You really wouldn't want me to say to him "you stay in the cabin, while I go eat breakfast in a quiet restaurant, or while I go to socialize and drink in the lounge", would you? I am glad that Celebrity has extended their elite perks to non-elite spouses or family members in the same cabin.

Edited by Mytravellove

56 minutes ago, Mytravellove said:

I love cruising, my husband of 38 years doesn't. So I cruise 'solo' and pay the price in $. So when he does cruise with me, it is just right that he gets to enjoy the Elite perks as well. You really wouldn't want me to say to him "you stay in the cabin, while I go eat breakfast in a quiet restaurant, or while I go to socialize and drink in the lounge", would you? I am glad that Celebrity has extended their elite perks to non-elite spouses or family members in the same cabin.

You earned this right for your husband as you paid double for every cruise! You paid for his status. I am pleased that Celebrity has this policy to grant Elite status to one person living at your address when you have cruised as a solo.  See you on the cruise!! or maybe before/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mytravellove said:

Totally different. The person I responded to is bringing a friend not a spouse or even residing at the same address. A spouse has always been given the same tier level as the other spouse. As it should be. You could be elite, elite+ or zenith and marry someone who has never cruised before and they automatically become elite, elite+ or zenith on their very first cruise and enjoy all the same perks and benefits. Again, as it should be, no argument.   

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

You earned this right for your husband as you paid double for every cruise! You paid for his status. I am pleased that Celebrity has this policy to grant Elite status to one person living at your address when you have cruised as a solo.  See you on the cruise!! or maybe before/

Agree. The common denominator here is living at the same address. RC has the same policy. If not RC doesn't recognize the roommate and no perks/benefits allowed. As it should be. 

1 hour ago, Mytravellove said:

Joni is taking her best friend on a girl-friend cruise to Bermuda this May. It's her friend's first ever cruise (first ever visit to NYC!)

We're Elite Plus and darn right if they feel like visiting the Elite B-Fast or Happy Hour they will. Who cares. I suspect that it's a very small demographic, non-Elites at happy hour.

BTW, they both have a drink package as one of their perks 

image.png.29f9e52b6f9bbbbae5fc8a8a469f41fd.png

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Totally different. The person I responded to is bringing a friend not a spouse or even residing at the same address. A spouse has always been given the same tier level as the other spouse. As it should be. You could be elite, elite+ or zenith and marry someone who has never cruised before and they automatically become elite, elite+ or zenith on their very first cruise and enjoy all the same perks and benefits. Again, as it should be, no argument.   

Thank you. Yes it is indeed a very nice gesture from Celebrity.

If a friend is sharing your cabin and doesn't have your same last name or address and is non-elite, I don't believe they will get the drinks in the bars...depends on the status shown on their Sea Pass.

Marriage status or address have nothing to do with get privilege. Just as long one is sharing cabin, it transfers to the other person in cabin.

1 hour ago, WAVTAM said:

Marriage status or address have nothing to do with get privilege. Just as long one is sharing cabin, it transfers to the other person in cabin.

Probably just in the Happy Hour lounge which is nice and if not at least they can join the Elite room mate and buy their own drinks.

One person sharing the same address gets equivalent perks.. but not if you already have a 'spouse ' who is not on the cruise but lives with you. 

If you and your spouse are Elite and one dies then a new person living with you will become Elite.

Problem is that many split up and share cabins with Elite friends or family to book and then gets cards switched back so they stay with their spouse but their friend still get benefits. This needs to be policed

Can someone give a small description as to what type of drinks are available during the elite Happy Hour. Is it specific drinks, or is the whole bar menu available to choose from, rum, vodka, scotch etc etc etc....and if so, is it only specific brands....

Edited by rick160158

Hi everyone! I have a quick question and was wondering if someone knows the answer.  We are cruising in a few months and had to split up into two rooms because of too many kids.  My daughter is staying with her Grandparents and my other two children are staying with me.  Both my parents are elite status and we would like to socialize, etc together  - that is why I am cruising with them.  (drinks are not really the reason - more to be able to hang out the entire time if we choose to)  Because I am in an adjoining room and the reservations are linked, am I correct to assume I will not be allowed to go with them to "elite" functions.  (but my 12 year old could....)  If this is the case, would I be better off switching rooms with my Mom so if I am in my Dad's room, I would get his benefit?  My Mom has her own elite status.  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, kowhairob said:

I've just re read my question and what i meant to ask if Elites can use the coupon at the Martini bar between 5 and 7. 

Yes, for any of the drinks included with the benefit that are available at the Martini bar.  It is no longer a coupon, it is just coded in you Sea Pass Card. (Directly or Indirectly). Make sure you are ordering from the list provided (in your cabin that explains your benefits) or you will be charged.

Enjoy.