Silver Shadow - July, 17, 2019

raphels

Hello Silver Shadow Cruisers,

Yesterday was the first day to sign up for our dining and shore excursion options.  In 120 Days, we will all be enjoying our Silversea Silver Shadow cruise.  It would be fun to hear from other cruisers and consider going ahead and sign up for the Cruise mingle get together.

Sincerely,  Rhonda and Michael

6 hours ago, raphels said:

Hello Silver Shadow Cruisers,

Yesterday was the first day to sign up for our dining and shore excursion options.  In 120 Days, we will all be enjoying our Silversea Silver Shadow cruise.  It would be fun to hear from other cruisers and consider going ahead and sign up for the Cruise mingle get together.

Sincerely,  Rhonda and Michael

Have you tried the Roll Call for this voyage?

Just trying to post this upcoming cruise.  I understood that I did so today and it should be listed under Roll Call.  If not, I give up and any other experienced Cruise Critic posters can feel free to post for this voyage.....

18 hours ago, raphels said:

I understood that I did so today and it should be listed under Roll Call.  If not, I give up and any other experienced Cruise Critic posters can feel free to post for this voyage.....

Unfortunately, whatever you created is not listed in the Roll Call section.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Unfortunately, whatever you created is not listed in the Roll Call section.

Stumblefoot, I bet that the OP is referring to this thread.

Raphels, there is a separate section of CC for roll calls. Go here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/700-silver-shadow/ and click on the button that says "Start new topic" and put the same title and the same post there. Then you'll have an official roll call. Add the voyage number to the title if you want - yours is 3919 - that sometimes makes it easier to find.

By the way, another poster has started a roll call for your voyage combined with the three before it. See this thread for voyages 3915 to 3919. Maybe if you post on that thread, you will get some replies. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Edited by jpalbny

On 3/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, jpalbny said:

By the way, another poster has started a roll call for your voyage combined with the three before it. See this thread for voyages 3915 to 3919. Maybe if you post on that thread, you will get some replies. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Why yes, in fact, someone has!  I even started one for 3914 (can't miss Casablanca and Cafe Baba in Tangier).

Roll calls/Meet & Mingle aren't all that important on Silversea because (IMHO) the ships are small (in particular, the Shadow/Whisper class and the expedition ships), booze and food are inclusive and a party can be put together in minutes.

A few voyages back, we simply made a list of the passengers from here, gave them to the Cruise Director and he sent out invitations for the following evening, provided a pair of international hostesses to 'hostess' us, set out signs and provided a place in the Panoramic lounge for us.  So...a party - of any kind - can be created quickly.

So...I guess I've convinced myself that the Roll Call section actually has a use; to locate those of us who would like to meet face-to-face.

• Like 1