Cabin type Edge poll like or dislike

Stateroom_Sailor

Cabin type Edge poll like or dislike  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which best fits your opinion of the Edge?

• Inside, OV, Sunset Veranda and liked the Edge
    • Inside, OV, Sunset Veranda and was not impressed with the Edge
    • Infinite Veranda and liked the Edge
    • Infinite Veranda and was not impressed with the Edge
    • Suite Guest and liked the Edge
    • Suite Guest and was not impressed with the Edge

The poll doesn't allow for those of us who have done both an IV and a suite, though would have likely made it more difficult to obtain what you are shooting for with this poll.  I voted under the suite answer since I spent more time in a suite,  but I loved the Edge when I was in an IV and I loved the Edge when I was in a suite. My experience in the suite was more impressive, but it always is when I've been in both on any ship. There are more amenities and a bigger living area, bathroom and balcony in a suite so hard not to like better.🙂

Neither experience was perfect. I really liked the 2 suites I was in, but the balcony furniture situation was disappointing. The Retreat Lounge experience wasn't perfect, but it sounds like it is getting better. I was prepared to dislike the IV, but it was actually pretty cool - I liked having all that extra space with floor to ceiling glass at one end when closed (gorgeous view and lots of natural light) and enjoyed standing at the "rail" when glass was open. My DH liked sitting in a chair and being able to see out without a rail in his view. To be fair, we had a short stay in the IV and never had ours locked, never felt the hot air rush in that has been described and learned to work around the lack of curtain  (though would have preferred a bigger veranda and a curtain, I was able to enjoy the sunrise on the veranda while doing my live thread while DH slept - it was smaller, but I had the same peaceful feeling as a regular cabin). The IV cabin is very nice and comfortable, with a large bathroom (biggest we have had in a non-suite). If the price were right and SVs were not available (and suite prices still too high) and I wanted to sail the Edge, I would likely book an AQ IV and enjoy Blu and the Thermal Suites and enjoy the positive features of the IV. If I were traveling alone, I think I would really like the IV.

The ship is a great fit for me (maybe a little less for my DH because of not having an Ensemble Lounge - type space, but by the end he was happy enough to book another cruise on the Edge - he acclimated and loved listening to music in Eden and the Club).

It's all about balance. Most of the reviews have some positives and some negatives (and I don't bother with the ones that are all positive or all negative - just not believable in my view) and it will just depend upon the composite of their experiences - it's not just about the cabin. I've had cabins I really didn't like on other ships, but I've loved the ship because of wonderful onboard experiences, restaurants, lounges, and excellent staff.

On the Edge the spaces were unique and beautiful with surprises and quirky art, the staff top notch, the food generally amazing, my glass was always full and the musicians excellent. We  met wonderful people from our roll call and enjoyed spending time with old friends. The Edge is well-named - it is edgy and not for everyone (as some other ships are not for me). Looking forward to getting back onboard!  🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like vtcruising we have sailed in both an IV and a suite.  We enjoyed both so I had to pick one of the two types of cabins.  Sailing in a suite is an extremely different experience from other cabins so it is difficult to compare them on a level playing field.  However I chose the IV option above as we used the IV space more than the veranda in our suite.  As you know from another thread we encountered some bad weather on both cruises and the IV met our needs.

The inside room, 10168, was well thought out with lots of storage and was very comfortable. The colors in the room were calming which is what we like in what is essentially a bedroom. The bathroom was very nice and the large shower was a luxury for a cruise ship compared to what we are used to. 

The ship itself was was great but not perfect. The incense smell in Eden was a huge miss because my wife couldn’t enjoy the space at all and there were times we missed the forward facing view. The 4 mdr concept was nice and reminded me a bit of the rotational dining on Disney. The Magic Carpet was really a nice place to sit out on during the day and relax, very unique and nice views. 

The other thing I want to add is the musicians that they brought on board. Michael Redden was amazing and the Reckless charms were very good as well. The other singers were also good when we heard them around the ship. With the music industry being what it is, I am glad that Celebrity is giving very talented musicians like this work, and I hope that they continue to do so on the E class. The music was one of the highlights of our cruise.

The Celebrity theater shows were the best we have seen at sea. The singers were again amazing. The shows were great for the type of entertainment we enjoy. The other entertainers they brought on board were also very good.

I am happy to say that I enjoyed sailing on Edge much more than I anticipated and I definitely enjoyed the "Suite Life" and our S3. I honestly thought Edge would be one and done for me, but I find myself really wanting to book another cruise either on Edge or Apex. Just waiting to see if the pricing comes down to a more reasonable cost. We booked Edge on the first day it was available and the price we paid we now think of as a bargain. Not sure I want to pay that again though (or higher) for an S3 for a 1 week cruise. 

I thought the food was some of the best I've had on any cruise and Eden exceeded my expectations, easily my favorite area of the ship along with the Retreat. For us, the Retreat has elevated the suite experience that I think will make it hard to not to sail in a suite again. 

Currently considering a cruise in November on Equinox because I am curious to see the changes and how the Retreat area is done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Unfortunately people are posting who have not been on Edge and no surprise, negatively.

I think you are correct in pax are posting who have not sailed Edge yet, but both ways as I see a regular poster that has said he liked his IV -  which I find strange as he’s stated a few times that he’s not sailing until later in the year 🤷‍♀️. Obviously, people don’t realise they are visible in this poll.

Edited by villauk

2 hours ago, villauk said:

I think you are correct in pax are posting who have not sailed Edge yet, but both ways as I see a regular poster that has said he liked his IV -  which I find strange as he’s stated a few times that he’s not sailing until later in the year 🤷‍♀️. Obviously, people don’t realise they are visible in this poll.

Yes there are a few folks with a bit of egg on there faces.  Perhaps they need to do a more thorough job of reading directions.

Oops I checked the wrong box..item 1. Was a mistake....

Should have checked  sailed in Jan ...in AQ IV..liked the EDGE!

Window closure was minimal..guess it depends on weather and window washing schedule,..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Oops I checked the wrong box..item 1. Was a mistake....

Should have checked  sailed in Jan ...in AQ IV..liked the EDGE!

Window closure was minimal..guess it depends on weather and window washing schedule,..

Don’t worry about it hcat, it turns out people lied on both negative and positive responses., very disappointing😢.  Thanks for being so honest.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, Oville said:

Unfortunately people are posting who have not been on Edge and no surprise, negatively.

I have been on Edge and was not impressed.

Not worth the extra price.

Maybe if I could get the $599 rate listed in another thread I would go again.....

37 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Maybe if I could get the $599 rate listed in another thread I would go again.....

I think there are only a few that haven’t been on the Edge and didn’t realize they could be identified.  

The future prices for Edge have driven us away.  We’ll be on April 7th but all our future Celebrity cruises are booked on other X ships.  Our preferred staterooms are Sky Suites and the Edge cabins are sky high.😉

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, TommyD3 said:

Good grief, have the prices dropped that low? Which sailings were these?