Hello from St. Barths!

Fairydust312

Currently aboard SD I and having a great time. We are on a round trip from San Juan. Weather has been great, and the crew is awesome. Special thanks to Mikee, Jonathan, Richard, Stephen, Francisco, Tristan, Eugene, Leslie (such a great sense of humor), Chef Tomasz, and Christophe!! And the tender guys! Captain Lund made a great decision to depart Virgin Gorda early when he learned three other large-ish boats would be anchored off Spanish Town. We detoured to Cooper Island (after a passenger vote), which was quite nice. 

We are really full. 110 passengers, the most we've ever had. But it has only been noticeable when everyone is on board trying to do the same thing. Also, it is our first time on deck 2, and it is great. We've only been on 3 before, but I've been sleeping like a baby on 2. 

Lots of talk about Innovation (and a presentation about it during tonight's cocktail hour), but folks are equally excited about the refurbishment of I and II.

Glad you're having a great time! We were on a few weeks ago....and we'll be re-boarding on the 27th! (Yes, this is the most decadent thing we've ever done). Chef Tomasz wasn't on a few weeks ago, hope he's sticking around for the 27th -- love his personality. Cooper Island sounds great, I do love the flexibility of changing itinerary on SeaDream. Have fun and tell Mikee to watch out we're coming back!

Sounds like you are having fun.  Sorry about my mis-information previously regarding # of pax on board.  Cooper Island is where they have moved Willie T's.  I love how Lund will just change his route for what is best for the passengers.  If you get a chance ask Leslie if anyone has broken any more reading glasses at dinner and how much they cost.  Hopefully it gets a laugh.  Have a great time 

42 minutes ago, ctbjr1309 said:

Are you sure about this?  Last I heard, the Willy T was anchored at Great Harbour off Peter Island.

CTB - you are correct, it is at Peter Island (wow, I am terrible at information - I get all those darn BVI islands mixed up), I will say that in speaking with Capt Lund he stated that he thought the Peter Island folks were going to make the owner of Willie T's move again and possibly to Cooper.

Maybe I will change my name from Tiki Man to Unreliable Man.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 minute ago, Tiki_Man said:

CTB - you are correct, it is at Peter Island (wow, I am terrible at information - I get all those darn BVI islands mixed up), I will say that in speaking with Capt Lund he stated that he thought the Peter Island folks were going to make the owner of Willie T's move again and possibly to Cooper.

Maybe I will change my name from Tiki Man to Unreliable Man.

Sorry for the confusion.

No sweat.  Capt. Lund should have the latest info since he spends so much time in the BVI.  When we were on board SD II over New Year's I heard a rumor that the Willy T would be moving to Virgin Gorda's North Sound.  That was quickly debunked by the Willy T owners but this may very well be a case of where there's smoke there's fire.  The Peter Island Resort remains closed due to hurricane damage bu.t when it reopens I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Willy T is relocating.  The crowds attracted by the Willy T and the Peter Island Resort aren't exactly complementary.  

On 3/20/2019 at 7:16 PM, Fairydust312 said:

Currently aboard SD I and having a great time.

If you have a chance would you mind checking to see whether Capt. Lund or Capt. Smorawski will be working the Eastbound transatlantic voyage next month?  Many thanks.

52 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

I don't want to sound unworldly, but what is Willy T?  I don't think we've ever heard of it.

Oh no!  Trapper, you didn't really say that did you??  And a Chicago boy to boot....  🍸

Just back from the Splash on Jost. Wow. Best from all perspectives. Leslie earned huge applause from going shoulder deep to deliver drinks and a collective groan when he had to get back on board. And more kudos to Jonathan (so incredibly professional) and Mikee. Thumbs up all around to all the crew.

04ED5EDF-1908-4C9F-9DCC-120F7315A626.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 3:06 PM, TrapperZimmy said:

I don't want to sound unworldly, but what is Willy T?  I don't think we've ever heard of it.

Willy T was a big old sail boat anchored at the Bight at Norman's Cay. It was in the middle of a large anchorage where you could pay for a week of mooring balls for about 30 dollars when chartering a boat. Back in 2007, they actually had good food and good drinks at a reasonable price for the BVI. Those were the days. We vaguely remember taking the dinghy to the Willy T for food and drinks. We definitely remember that we were never the naked nor nearly naked people jumping from the upper deck. but we did see a few participants. The 2017 hurricanes put an end to the original Willy T in the Bight. Passing through the area on a cruise in early January, the anchorages were filled with mega yachts. We stopped in Tortola on a ship too big for us (but a third the size of the one next to us), and wished that we could have been on something small enough to get us into Jost Van Dyke.