MUSIC

smarks

The nearest you might get, is a reggae band late afternoon at the stern on Deck 8 or the Pavilion Pool, Deck 12 if the weather is inclement.

Otherwise, there will be more traditional music, like string quartet, pianist, or harpist, in the Chart Room.

There may be some Rock and Roll occasionally in the Queens Room after dinner.

Stewart

Hi

Unless something has changed since my last  40 night voyage on the QM2 this past winter, there will be no rock and roll band playing before dinner.  During a typical cruise/crossing the ship's night club band will play in the Queens Room for a  post dinner party night.  It is well attended and a nice change from the ballroom dance music usually played.  Of course, this same band plays in G32.

Have fun.

Deck Chair

Sparks,

Interesting question. Considering the demographics of those who sail on the QM2, you would think that R&R would have a home somewhere on the ship but as stated above, not so much. However, here are 3 ideas that might give you a little "satisfaction". 

1. There is often a jazz trio playing in the Chart Room. While jazz is their forte, we have never been disappointed when making a musical request of a different genre.

2. At lunch time in the Golden Lion on our two previous crossings there was a GREAT guitarist who would mix a little light R&R into his performance.

IMG_6902.thumb.JPG.b16f58e1d1e2dc40d5c7dfca5c5aa3c8.JPG

3. G32 is a disco located astern of the Queens Room that gets going later in the evening. I'm pretty sure you could get them to crank up some R&R there.

Even if you don't find your R&R, I think you will be amazed with the amount of excellent live music going on on the QM2.

Jack

21 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

The nearest you might get, is a reggae band late afternoon at the stern on Deck 8 or the Pavilion Pool, Deck 12 if the weather is inclement.

Otherwise, there will be more traditional music, like string quartet, pianist, or harpist, in the Chart Room.

There may be some Rock and Roll occasionally in the Queens Room after dinner.

Stewart

Thank You Stewart.

15 hours ago, newjoisey said:

bring your own 

Thank you for that suggestion.  I would rather sit with my travel friends and hear some good old rock and roll. But if that is not possible, I will make do.

14 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hi

Unless something has changed since my last  40 night voyage on the QM2 this past winter, there will be no rock and roll band playing before dinner.  During a typical cruise/crossing the ship's night club band will play in the Queens Room for a  post dinner party night.  It is well attended and a nice change from the ballroom dance music usually played.  Of course, this same band plays in G32.

Have fun.

Deck Chair

Thank You.  I'm 70 years old but I still like to have fun and enjoy lively music.  I will find something I'm sure and if not, I can sit on my balcony and enjoy my friends.  Can anyone go to the Queens Room?  Thanks again.

14 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Sparks,

Interesting question. Considering the demographics of those who sail on the QM2, you would think that R&R would have a home somewhere on the ship but as stated above, not so much. However, here are 3 ideas that might give you a little "satisfaction". 

1. There is often a jazz trio playing in the Chart Room. While jazz is their forte, we have never been disappointed when making a musical request of a different genre.

2. At lunch time in the Golden Lion on our two previous crossings there was a GREAT guitarist who would mix a little light R&R into his performance.

3. G32 is a disco located astern of the Queens Room that gets going later in the evening. I'm pretty sure you could get them to crank up some R&R there.

Even if you don't find your R&R, I think you will be amazed with the amount of excellent live music going on on the QM2.

Jack

Thank You Jack.  That makes me feel a bit better.  I will check those out.  

In short, rock 'n' roll is unheard of on the QM2.  Bring your own.  Yes, everyone is welcome in the Queens Room but the music there is big band and suitable for ballroom dancing.  There is a disco at night, but it is a disco and not good old rock 'n' roll.  This type of music (which I dearly love, BTW) is not a feature of the QM2, point blank.  Find something else to do.

12 hours ago, smarks said:

Thank You.  I'm 70 years old but I still like to have fun and enjoy lively music.  I will find something I'm sure and if not, I can sit on my balcony and enjoy my friends.  Can anyone go to the Queens Room?  Thanks again.

HI

Yes, anyone can go into the Queens Room.  Good to adhere to the dress code in place.  Have    fun.

Deck Chair

europe trip QM2 2013 132.jpg

3 hours ago, Elephant1151 said:

Try the Golden Lion either before first sitting or between first and second sitting. Amethyst will be on and they offer a good mix until 8pm when Wipeout Trivia is on until 8.30pm then they will resume until 10pm.

Thank You.

44 minutes ago, deck chair said:

HI

Yes, anyone can go into the Queens Room.  Good to adhere to the dress code in place.  Have    fun.

Deck Chair

europe trip QM2 2013 132.jpg

Thank You and I will be dressed properly.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:18 PM, Jack E Dawson said:

This chap and his female singing partner were on board QM2 last May. Hubby was a great fan. Every day he did a 'spot' in the pub focused on a different band e.g. Dire Straights, Lynryd Skynrd, etc

Things like this will be posted in the Daily Programme

Edited by Toffeegirl68

8 hours ago, tv24 said:

In short, rock 'n' roll is unheard of on the QM2.  Bring your own.  Yes, everyone is welcome in the Queens Room but the music there is big band and suitable for ballroom dancing.  There is a disco at night, but it is a disco and not good old rock 'n' roll.  This type of music (which I dearly love, BTW) is not a feature of the QM2, point blank.  Find something else to do.

Hello

Perhaps the poster is mixing up ships.   Trust me, there is rock and roll on the Queen Mary usually in the G32 and generally one a voyage in the Queens Room.  The two videos were taken this past winter in G32.  I think that is rock and roll but I can be wrong.

Be well...Trust 

10 minutes ago, deck chair said:

Hello....videos are not loading.   Let me try again please.

Deck Chiar

IMG_1228 (1).MOV

Deck Chair, your first three videos in "mp4" format are working fine for me both on my desktop Windows PC and on my Android phone. I can play them directly in my browser.

Your last three videos in "mov" format require me to download them first from my browser and then play them after they have downloaded, but I can get them to play that way.

11 hours ago, tv24 said:

I apologize.  I responded to this posting too quickly without thinking it through.  You can hear some good old R & R in the disco and could probably request some.  And in spite of my many times on the QM2, I had never heard the rock music played in the Pub, which you should probably enjoy.  There is a lot going on on the Mary and I'm sure you will find something to appreciate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toffeegirl68 said:

This chap and his female singing partner were on board QM2 last May. Hubby was a great fan. Every day he did a 'spot' in the pub focused on a different band e.g. Dire Straights, Lynryd Skynrd, etc

Things like this will be posted in the Daily Programme

Awesome.  Thanks