2019 Royal Caribbean Bayonne/Nassau 2019/3/15 -23

This is my first posting and I hope to be a breath of fresh air. We started cruising on our 25th anniversary on Majesty of the Seas and fell in love with the cruising. We are now Diamond Plus members sailing up to 2 or 3 times a year.

New cruisers will, no doubt be upset that we didn’t get to Cocoa Cay. But anyone watching the slow progress on the Cay will have seen the prediction as pie-in-the-sky odd-against and booked or waited accordingly. It is like the weatherman consistently predicting spring, when with your all your years of watching the news, you know that the next week is going to be cold and wet.

Every captain does their best to find sunshine on the cruise. But I cannot expect them to control the weather. This cruise was met was so with 4 days of rain. But the indoor entertainment, activities, sports, shows, etc, were spectacular. 

The captain of the Anthem is an excellent communicator. Barely any accent, friendly and comfortable in front of a microphone or audience, he is a man that exudes confidence and trust.

The cruise director is enduring at one moment and all business the next. Funny, clownish, and suddenly a leader.

The food has continued to take a upward turn in quality and taste, We have not eaten in the windjammer once this cruise because it is the most stressful place in the ship.  Back 2 years ago food service and quality took a nosedive.

The waitstaff needs training in “not arguing with customers”. If I say that you you used American cheese, don’t start a war over the fact that it was cheddar.

It is day 5 of 8. The only negative is the room staff. Not as attentive as they should be. Missing both the little touches (folded animal towels) and the important touches (ensuring shower gel and shampoo is always in supply.

Another bug about Security: If the policy is no seat saving, ENFORCE it. Seats were saved by people who went ashore in the morning and came back for thier seat after.  Other guests should not be expected to enforce this and you really never want them to.

In all, this has been an exemplary ride. To my naysayers, Cruising is about the ship. The destination is a perk. If the destination is the primary reason for cruising, take a plane.

Some more useful information:

onboard Must See:

“We Will Rock You” - you can’t just see once!

”Spectre’s Cabaret” - soaks the senses, but totally dependent on who plays Spectre at which Showing.

Onboard MUST do.

iFly : wind tunnel aerial acrobatics- book EARLY, FILLS UP FAST.

Onboard MUST eat:

Wunderland - no menu, just prepare to be astounded. This premium restaurant is not included in your booking, so Use your Onboard credits here!!

Where to live:

Anthem is all about technological advances. What we have felt is, instead of violent rolling side to side, is that the ship to take a long slow to list to one side and then a long slow list to the other.

The ship feels as though it drags it stern in rough seas. My favorite cabin location is side, as far back as possible

-t