Number of ships at port

jstahl

On 3/30/2019 at 8:59 AM, Joebucks said:

While it can be useful to know, I find this topic one of many things cruisers tend to make mountains out of molehills on. Most people could never tell you what the quantifiable difference is between 2 and 4 ships in port. Generally, a port that can dock more ships, can absorb more passengers into the island. Most cruise ships are also going to arrive and leave at different times, which reduces clutter.

While true for many ports, if Santorini is included on the itinerary, I wouldn't go ashore again if 3+ ships are anchored.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you read the thread...like the 4th post...where several of the websites are mentioned? Again, they are not consistent. Individual port websites are more accurate.

oops, didn't see them without the hyperlink. cruise time tables is what I have used before. thank you!

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

While true for many ports, if Santorini is included on the itinerary, I wouldn't go ashore again if 3+ ships are anchored.

I agree with you;  too many ships for Santorini.  two is the most they should allow at one time; unless they have two in the morning and leave at noon and two more arrive at noon and leave at 9 or 10

• Like 1