RC Royal Nursery

HogueyBear

I am sailing on Indy in 11 days with a 10 month old and 3 year old. I know I want to utilize the Royal Nursery a bit. How many hours can you typically sign up for at the beginning of the trip? Has anyone has success booking more hours beyond that? What hours are a good break down to give us both a daytime and nighttime selection? Just looking for information on what other parents have done in the past! Thanks 🙂 

on a 7 night cruise, typically you are allowed to book 16 hours at the start of the cruise and then i believe on day 3, they will open up any remaining time on a first come first serve basis. We used the nursery a lot when my girls were little and i can only recall one time where there was one evening  we wanted to drop her off early and couldn't because they were full. We typically booked our hours in the evenings so we could enjoy dinner with out the kids and a few times would book hours while we were in port so we could do an excursion. Hope this answers your questions!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, momoftheseas said:

on a 7 night cruise, typically you are allowed to book 16 hours at the start of the cruise and then i believe on day 3, they will open up any remaining time on a first come first serve basis. We used the nursery a lot when my girls were little and i can only recall one time where there was one evening  we wanted to drop her off early and couldn't because they were full. We typically booked our hours in the evenings so we could enjoy dinner with out the kids and a few times would book hours while we were in port so we could do an excursion. Hope this answers your questions!

It can vary a bit from ship to ship but my experience on multiple RCI cruises with little ones has been 16-20 to start with first-come-first-serve starting day three.

My advice, strategize if you want a night or two out or if you know there are excursions that you won’t be bringing the little ones on.  We always go to the nursery as one of our first stops on embarkation day and get our hours booked that are a priority.  16-20 hours is usually more than you realize.  We are going on a cruise in a few weeks and this is our plan to give you an idea...

2 “nights out” - 7:30p - midnight (9 hours total)

1 excision - 8a - 1p (5 hours)

still leaves us at at least a couple hours if we just want an afternoon to ourselves during an at sea day.

You can always pick-up early too and they only charge for the hours the kiddos were there.

We have only had it happen once or twice where we have called to ask to drop off early or add an evening that they have been full.