Coral Princess Internet

bemis12

27 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It's still better by far than before, it just appears to be inconsistent.  If I had to hazard a guess, I would say there's a problem when everybody is using it at the same time.  Has anyone experienced this on any Medallion Class ships?  Almost twice as many PAX...

The CB lists a pax capacity of 3140. 

The Coral only 2000. 

Do any of you IT folks have an opinion on this? 

If it’s the same kind of system installed on the CB as on the Coral, shouldn’t be a capacity issue, should it?

This is from my last sailing on the CB. 

8AE0F068-33F8-4EF0-8761-40239A3BFAB6.jpeg

56 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I'm new to Princess, for my booking on the Island the cruise personalizer I can only book minutes packages

Island is scheduled to roll out MedallionNet May 15.  You may want to call.  I was never offered any personalizer pricing for this sailing.

• Thanks 1

PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package for $109 & day cruise in Alaska 

This is the option I have to book on the Coral Princess for my cruise. Could someone explain what it is? Is it unlimited?  Than you for all your experience and help!

Bobbi

1 hour ago, bobbismith said:

PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package for $109 & day cruise in Alaska 

This is the option I have to book on the Coral Princess for my cruise. Could someone explain what it is? Is it unlimited?  Than you for all your experience and help!

Bobbi

PrincessCONNECT is no longer available on the Coral as of April 5.  In order to get pricing for the new MedallionNet you probably need to call Princess.  I had the same issue where my personalizer was reflecting the older obsolete PrincessConnect when my sailing was the first to have the newer MedallionNet.

I did not realize that Platinum 250 minutes applies to both passengers. I just occasionally check email and so 250 minutes was more than enough. Do you have to set up a separate ID for each person to get both 250 Minutes ? 

12 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I did not realize that Platinum 250 minutes applies to both passengers. I just occasionally check email and so 250 minutes was more than enough. Do you have to set up a separate ID for each person to get both 250 Minutes ? 

When you first make a connection, you are asked your stateroom number.  After that, you put in your DOB.  The system then recognizes you by name and whether you are Platinum or Elite.  Then you have a choice on your initial log in.  - take the free minutes or take the additional 25% discount.  As I said before, the 25% discount is taken off the net price after other discounts are taken.

If you take the free minutes, make doubly sure that you actually are logged off at the end of your sessions, otherwise you'll burn up your time.

Edited by Daniel A

CORRECTION:  The navigation channel is

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Daniel A said:

I don't know the latitudes or longitudes.  Coral doesn't have the map on the TV with the ship's position. 

CORRECTION: The navigation channel is still available on the Coral.  I found out today from another PAX that he had it in his stateroom.  It turns out that my stateroom's TV's didn't have that channel programmed in.  I now have that navigation channel. 

I don't want to spread false information.:classic_sad:

Tonight is our last night on this Coral cruise.  It was a great cruise, but overall I would give the MedallionNet a two out of five stars.  I would have done a one, but, yes it is still faster (sometimes) than the old Princess Connect so, it gets a two.  I tried to upload a 9 1/2 minute video to YouTube and overnight on a sea day, after 14 hours only 21% of the video was uploaded.  The next day was a port day with most PAX off the ship on excursions and the remainder of the video uploaded in about 2 - 2/2 hours.

I have had some conversations with other PAX and they indicated that they gave up on streaming Netflix and other videos as it was intermittent and not consistent.  I think that will be my final review of MedallionNet - inconsistent and intermittent when it is a sea day, and faster than Princess Connect on a port day.

Please don't argue back with me, I'm just as disappointed as anyone else may be.

• Haha 1

This is the pricing sheet for MedallionNet which I got at the Internet Café on the Coral on embarkation day, April 5.  This sheet also has information about the additional discount or free minutes for platinum/elite PAX.  When you look at the pricing it is very confusing.  I think they could have done better making it more clear.MedallionNet Price Sheet.pdf

58 minutes ago, jrblach said:

what kind of internet is the elite/plat free minutes - the new fast or the old slow? 

The ship will only have one type of Internet for all userts, either the previous slow or the new slow.

So the elite/platinum minutes will be with the one system that will exist. If it is the new system, the minutes should last longer.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jrblach said:

what kind of internet is the elite/plat free minutes - the new fast or the old slow? 

On the Coral, it is now the newer faster internet called MedallionNet although your personalizer may still be showing the older PrincessConnect.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:44 PM, gerelmx said:

I'm new to Princess, for my booking on the Island the cruise personalizer I can only book minutes packages

I only saw that too when I first logged on to my account but I finally found the MedllionNet for my cruise by going to Manage my Booking then at the top of the page click on Onboard Reservations and look for Internet Options, view options. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 6vacruisers6 said:

I only saw that too when I first logged on to my account but I finally found the MedllionNet for my cruise by going to Manage my Booking then at the top of the page click on Onboard Reservations and look for Internet Options, view options. 

Maybe the Island is not ready for Medallion Net , 120 Minutes $69, 240 Minutes $99, 460 minutes $159 and 680 minutes $199

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Maybe the Island is not ready for Medallion Net , 120 Minutes $69, 240 Minutes $99, 460 minutes $159 and 680 minutes $199

My mistake. We are going to be on Coral Princess not the Island Princess. I didn't catch that initially as I was just looking at the initial topic. Keep checking through manage my booking though and hopefully it will eventually show up for your cruise on the Island Princess.

19 hours ago, gerelmx said:

gerelmx - I answered this question for you in post #54.  The info hasn't changed.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gremlinbangles said:

Looking at this thread I was curious as to what packages was listed in mine.  Interesting surprise, I dont have any internet packages listed just cabin to shore calling plan.  😮

Screenshot_20190507-092018_Chrome.jpg

This is the only option I have in my personalizer too and we sail on May 22. I check it every day to see when it will update to Medallionet. If it hasn't changed a day or two before we sail I will call them. I got an email that I can get it for 1/2 off if I order it before we sail

3 hours ago, gremlinbangles said:

Looking at this thread I was curious as to what packages was listed in mine.  Interesting surprise, I dont have any internet packages listed just cabin to shore calling plan.  😮

Screenshot_20190507-092018_Chrome.jpg

Reading other topics, it sounds as if the Princess website has been glitchy recently. Maybe check later or tomorrow.

I noticed my internet options changed a few days ago. Before then I had the options of an unlimited package, email only, social media - there were 4 or 5 choices. Now it is showing the in-room calling only so I'm hoping it will update soon to medallionet. I know it has been available on the Coral since April 5. 

16 minutes ago, JSandage said:

I noticed my internet options changed a few days ago. Before then I had the options of an unlimited package, email only, social media - there were 4 or 5 choices. Now it is showing the in-room calling only so I'm hoping it will update soon to medallionet. I know it has been available on the Coral since April 5. 

You will need to call them to get the pre-boarding price.  Don't leave it to chance and hope.

• Like 1