Any Questions About Anthem?

We will be heading out on our Anthem cruise (finally) in a couple of weeks. It invariably happens that when I post my review after a cruise someone will ask a question that had I known the question in advance I could have the answer to. So if you have any questions about Anthem ask away and if they aren't answered by someone else on the board before I leave (which also happens a lot) then I will try to get the answer when I'm on board and report back. 

• Thanks 1

Have a great trip!  We are going June 20 on the Bermuda-St. Maarten-San Juan-Labadee itinerary.   I would like to know:

1. How late are the main and solarium pools open?

2. When you return to NJ, are there two gangways and would it makes sense to choose a disembarkation point that starts from Two70 in the back of the ship for a shorter walk (and our cabin is near the back elevators.)

3. I figure the inside bars are open the latest. But how late are bars like the pool bar or sky bar open?

Thanks again and enjoy!

Have a great trip. We will be on board in June. What itinerary are you on? We are on the 9 day itinerary.

1.  Do they have sales on bottles of liquor if so are the sale the beginning, middle or end of the cruise?
  2. Did they offer a discount on specialty restaurants? I am particularly interested in Wonderland. I haven't seen it discounted in the cruise planner yet. I know that this varies from sailing to sailing so even if you or someone else answers the question it could be different on my sailing.

2 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

Have a great trip!  We are going June 20 on the Bermuda-St. Maarten-San Juan-Labadee itinerary.   I would like to know:

1. How late are the main and solarium pools open?

2. When you return to NJ, are there two gangways and would it makes sense to choose a disembarkation point that starts from Two70 in the back of the ship for a shorter walk (and our cabin is near the back elevators.)

3. I figure the inside bars are open the latest. But how late are bars like the pool bar or sky bar open?

Thanks again and enjoy!

On my January and February Anthem cruises, Solarium pool until 10:00 pm except the first night. Outdoor pool 9:00 weather permitting.

I tend to grab a seat by Izumi and wait. It is a very short walk on the same level to the gangway from there. Many people sit in the Jamie's/Vintages area. A bit longer than Izumi but closer than 270. It is an easy walk from Izumi also.

I can speak to the indoor pool bar only. If no one is there, they start to clean up at about 8:45 pm. If people are at the bar, they have been open at 9:45 pm when I've left the area. I don't know about after that. I'm assuming they close.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Have a great trip. We will be on board in June. What itinerary are you on? We are on the 9 day itinerary.

1.  Do they have sales on bottles of liquor if so are the sale the beginning, middle or end of the cruise?
  2. Did they offer a discount on specialty restaurants? I am particularly interested in Wonderland. I haven't seen it discounted in the cruise planner yet. I know that this varies from sailing to sailing so even if you or someone else answers the question it could be different on my sailing.

We're doing the standard Fla, Nassau, Coco Cay itinerary. I'll definitely be checking out the liquor sales. I'll see what I can find out about Wonderland discounts.

Edited by sparks1093

6 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

We're doing the standard Fla, Nassau, Coco Cay itinerary. I'll definitely be checking out the liquor sales. I'll see what I can find out about Wonderland discounts.

They will have liquor for sale throughoutnthe entire crusie. While they bring it out on the promanade and advertise a sale, the prices are the same regardless of when purchased. At times there are discounts on the restaurants. I have seen Waiters from specialty restaurants walking around the ship, and in the windjammer offering discount, it's random though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if you'll easily be able to figure out, but if you have the chance to ask Guest Services... I'd love to know if I can switch out a person for the All Access Ship Tour. I have paid for two of us to do this tour, DH and myself, and I would like to switch my dad in for DH. Trying to keep it a surprise for my dad and keep it off his cruise planner. This seems like it should not be a problem, but I'd love confirmation.

Also, if you buy something like that in advance on cruise planner, can you cancel on board and get a refund?

Finally, wondering how bad lines are for disembarkation/customs (like an hour or more?), particularly for elderly parents who might not be able to stand for very long periods of time. Is this a reason to try to get some kind of priority disembark, eg, the Key? Or would you need to get up very early and do a self-disembark (and then carry your own luggage)?

Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by zooma

8 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

We will be heading out on our Anthem cruise (finally) in a couple of weeks. It invariably happens that when I post my review after a cruise someone will ask a question that had I known the question in advance I could have the answer to. So if you have any questions about Anthem ask away and if they aren't answered by someone else on the board before I leave (which also happens a lot) then I will try to get the answer when I'm on board and report back. 

Is Zumba still a sea day daily occurrence in the 270 big lounge at back of the ship? Beatles tribute band on each cruise? 

We were on Anthem back when new 2016 and food and service in the 4 MDR was not good. Is the food and service In MDR on par with other RCL ships now.

Any theme parties? We enjoyed one in the seaplex -great fun.

Hello! How great to start a thread like this. First off, I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip! We'll be on Anthem in just about two months for the 9 day sailing. I'm wondering...

1. What are the hours of the fitness center?

2. What are your observations on deck chair availability? We're mainly interested In sitting on deck 15 (above pool). 

3. Other than the standard shows, what other entertainment was offered?

Thank you 🙂 Happy cruising!

There are two welcome aboard shows, usually 8 & 10. Music Hall bands vary, no specific schedule. You can find out the hands and headliners about two months out. Liqour prices are constant throughout the cruise. If you're going to ports like San Marteen, St Thomas, or St Kitts, their liquor prices are usually cheaper than the ship.

• Like 1