Reliable Tour Company in London

FSU Girl

What is your style of travel - do you like a small group or do you prefer a large group? What do you want to see outside of London? I have used these two companies:

https://www.premiumtours.co.uk Large group tours using bus transportation with tours in London as well as day trips outside of the city.

http://www.walks.com/other-tours/day-trips-from-london/ - A variety  of 2 hour walking tours in London but they also have day trips they call Great Escapes. A full day using trains and boats to arrive at destination for day trips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfopma said:

What is your style of travel - do you like a small group or do you prefer a large group? What do you want to see outside of London? I have used these two companies:

https://www.premiumtours.co.uk Large group tours using bus transportation with tours in London as well as day trips outside of the city.

http://www.walks.com/other-tours/day-trips-from-london/ - A variety  of 2 hour walking tours in London but they also have day trips they call Great Escapes. A full day using trains and boats to arrive at destination for day trips.

I'm not really sure, I've never done a tour outside of a cruise organized tour before. It's our honeymoon. I don't think we'd need walking tours of the city itself, we'll get around by the Tube and see the sights. I'm thinking more for things that are farther away and would be tricky to visit on our own, like Stonehenge.  

Are you on a cruise and will only be in London for a day or are you sending some time in the city post- or pre-cruise?

I would highly suggest London Walks great escapes then. If you enjoy walking then these tours are perfect. We did the Cotswolds tour and also the Hampton Court Palace Tour where you take a boat part way on the Thames going through the locks on the river. 

If you want to do a day trip to Windsor that is very easily done on your own by taking the train to Windsor from Paddington with one easy change and then walking around town and visiting the castle on your own. We also did a day trip to Liverpool on our own. Took a 7:30 am train to Liverpool and took a taxi to The Beatles Museum at Albert Dock. Booked a 3 hour tour with Fab Four Taxi Tours that picked us up at the museum at noon. They dropped us off at Mathew Street and we went to the Cavern Club and had dinner at the Hard Days Night Hotel before heading back to London on the train. Got back to London around 10 pm. 

We also did a bus tour with Premium Tours to Stratford-On-Avon, Bath and Stonehenge and another tour to Canterbury, And other to Oxford, Bampton, and Highclere Castle. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pfopma said:

Are you on a cruise and will only be in London for a day or are you sending some time in the city post- or pre-cruise?

I would highly suggest London Walks great escapes then. If you enjoy walking then these tours are perfect. We did the Cotswolds tour and also the Hampton Court Palace Tour where you take a boat part way on the Thames going through the locks on the river. 

If you want to do a day trip to Windsor that is very easily done on your own by taking the train to Windsor from Paddington with one easy change and then walking around town and visiting the castle on your own. We also did a day trip to Liverpool on our own. Took a 7:30 am train to Liverpool and took a taxi to The Beatles Museum at Albert Dock. Booked a 3 hour tour with Fab Four Taxi Tours that picked us up at the museum at noon. They dropped us off at Mathew Street and we went to the Cavern Club and had dinner at the Hard Days Night Hotel before heading back to London on the train. Got back to London around 10 pm. 

We also did a bus tour with Premium Tours to Stratford-On-Avon, Bath and Stonehenge and another tour to Canterbury, And other to Oxford, Bampton, and Highclere Castle. 

We'll be in London for a week so plenty of time to see the city. For the Hampton Court tour who did you use for that? That sounds like a lot of fun. 

We used London Walks. We love that company. For the Hampton Court Palace tour we meet our guide at the Waterloo train station. We added to our Oyster card to cover the cost of the train. We took the train to Richmond and did a brief walking tour there. Then had some free time before taking a boat up the Thames to Hampton Court Palace.  They suggested a sandwich shop in Richmond to buy food and even arranged to have the food delivered to the boat. We were the only group using the boat and ate our lunch while we travelled on the river. We used the dock at the palace and then the guide purchased our tickets and did the tour of the palace. The tour ended at the palace. You can stay as long as you want afterward and then make the short walk to train station for the trip back to London. 

We used Premier Tours and went Windsor, Stonehrnge and Bath.  But would Of loved more time at Windsor.  

Full day but it was great.  Leaves from Victoria Coach Station.  A few blocks from the Victoria tube station.  I think they drop off at some  points in London on the way back.  

https://www.premiumtours.co.uk/tours/windsor-castle-stonehenge-lacock-and-bath-with-lunch

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, milolii said:

We used Premier Tours and went Windsor, Stonehrnge and Bath.  But would Of loved more time at Windsor.  

Full day but it was great.  Leaves from Victoria Coach Station.  A few blocks from the Victoria tube station.  I think they drop off at some  points in London on the way back.  

https://www.premiumtours.co.uk/tours/windsor-castle-stonehenge-lacock-and-bath-with-lunch

Thank you! I'll check them out. I'd really love to make it over to Windsor Castle. 

I could of spent half a day there.  You only get about an hour and a half with this tour. Windsor Castle would be easy to do on your  own. Getting tickets in advance would be essential, though.  The train drops you closer than the parking lot.  In fact you walk past the train platform on your way to Windsor.  I think that is the way Her Majesty, the Queen gets there.  In her private car, of course.  

I thiught Bukingham Palace was stunning, but Windsor has it beat. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, milolii said:

I could of spent half a day there.  You only get about an hour and a half with this tour. Windsor Castle would be easy to do on your  own. Getting tickets in advance would be essential, though.  The train drops you closer than the parking lot.  In fact you walk past the train platform on your way to Windsor.  I think that is the way Her Majesty, the Queen gets there.  In her private car, of course.  

I thiught Bukingham Palace was stunning, but Windsor has it beat. 

I had tried buying tickets to Windsor Castle, but for some reason the site didn't run my credit card (somehow the foreign transaction fee still went through) I emailed them and they didn't see it on their end so I wouldn't be able to book that in advance. I'm not sure why it didn't work I've bought so many things over there for my trip and none of them have given me a problem. If its impossible to do without a ticket in advance I feel like our only option would be through a tour. 

35 minutes ago, milolii said:

The lines would be awful!  Also it could be sold out in advance.  When are you going? 

We'll be there the third week in May. I was thinking instead of going to Windsor going to Hampton Court I've read online its not as important to get a ticket in advance for there? We'll also only be there during Monday-Friday so no weekends, would that help with crowds?

Edited by FSU Girl

18 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Consider London Black Cabs.  They also offer tours. It's our favorite!

http://www.londonblackcabs.co.uk

This looks interesting! They have one that does Hampton Court and Windsor Castle. How do these tours work? It says they pick up and your hotel and drop you back off. When they take you to the sites you're visiting do they come inside with you or they just wait for you at the taxi to finish? Are the fees to get into the castles included or the fee is just for the actual taxi? 

Also for when we land in Heathrow would you recommend using them to get to our hotel?