How are the Swans doing, 2019

Sorry ML, another loss to the Swans. 

Richmond 13.11.89 d Sydney 10.7.67. I only watched it for s short time so I’m not sure how they played. Buddy kicked four of the Swans’ goals. 

Leigh

On 4/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, possum52 said:

Sorry ML, another loss to the Swans. 

Richmond 13.11.89 d Sydney 10.7.67. I only watched it for s short time so I’m not sure how they played. Buddy kicked four of the Swans’ goals. 

Leigh

Yes, I checked the scores before I logged in. So frustrating. Plus, my score prediction was backwards again. It's good I am not a professional handicapper :-)

On a completely unrelated note, the guest bathroom project is now complete. It only took 3 weeks, 4 hours of a plumber, and one day of going back and forth to buy drain/under sink pipes, extensions etc, plus installation. But  before and after shots below (old on top, then new). Not a huge change but a little more modern. And we are rid of the old sink that had the enamel peeling off :classic_biggrin:

old bath.jpg

new bath.jpg

Edited by NoWhiners
add info
  • Like 1

Hi ML,

Bathroom - it is different to what I thought it would be from your description! What colour is the top of the vanity? Grey? Are you pleased with it?

Swans - a very disappointing start for them. They are 16th on the ladder, just above Melbourne who are just as bad as the Swans.

This coming week they play Saturday at 7.25pm at the SCG against GWS.

Leigh

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Hi ML,

Bathroom - it is different to what I thought it would be from your description! What colour is the top of the vanity? Grey? Are you pleased with it?

Swans - a very disappointing start for them. They are 16th on the ladder, just above Melbourne who are just as bad as the Swans.

This coming week they play Saturday at 7.25pm at the SCG against GWS.

Leigh

Hi Leigh

Yes, I am very happy with it. I had to imagine how it would come out and it looks as I pictured it. The vanity top is a sort of medium beige, with specks of some darker and lighter shades. It didn't come out in the picture very well. The best part is that it's done. We will try and do our bathroom next and then I'll need a rest from house renovations! It has been such a rush the last few weeks, and we were barely able to get a plumber in to do that work before the counter top was installed.

The Swans <sigh>. I think this may not be a good year for them. I don't see a win vs GWS, so the losing will continue. At least Buddy is showing some signs of life.

Go Swans

ML

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, NoWhiners said:

Yes, I saw that. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My score prediction--Swans 12.16 (88) Tigers 11.12 (78). But I have a suspicion I may have it backwards again :classic_sad: The Swans haven't really been scoring very well so far and Richmond looks like they are warming up a bit. Wouldn't be surprised if Richmond scores a lot more. Maybe Buddy will snap out of his funk--but nothing can make him younger!

Go Swans!

Have been away so haven't seen any games.

Sadly they lost both their games -

Tigers 13.11 (89) to 10.7 (67). Buddy kicked 4.1 (17) 

Giants 18.12 (120) to 12.7 (79) Buddy didn't play.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:28 AM, NoWhiners said:

Yes, I checked the scores before I logged in. So frustrating. Plus, my score prediction was backwards again. It's good I am not a professional handicapper 🙂

On a completely unrelated note, the guest bathroom project is now complete. It only took 3 weeks, 4 hours of a plumber, and one day of going back and forth to buy drain/under sink pipes, extensions etc, plus installation. But  before and after shots below (old on top, then new). Not a huge change but a little more modern. And we are rid of the old sink that had the enamel peeling off :classic_biggrin:

old bath.jpg

new bath.jpg

A nice modern upgrade, tapware looks good.

21 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A nice modern upgrade, tapware looks good.

Thanks Mic. That means a lot coming from a professional. BTW, we had to connect the drain and faucets. Not a huge issue but it did take 4 trips to hardware/plumbing supply--which is how we measure DIY projects here :classic_biggrin: I think it looks good, now on to our bathroom.

The Swans were, ahh, shall we say disappointing, although I thought they would lose so, that may not be the right way to characterize. I agree with whoever said this may not be their year.

Love having 2 hopeless teams to barrack for--the Swans and the NY Giants American football team. Who, just to show how cursed we are, just had one of their recent draft picks get shot in the leg. The friend he was with was also shot and died. This was just off campus in Kansas. Sad and another example of senseless gun violence here.

So,maybe next week will be better for the Swans. I hope Buddy is OK.

Go Swans

ML

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks Mic. That means a lot coming from a professional. BTW, we had to connect the drain and faucets. Not a huge issue but it did take 4 trips to hardware/plumbing supply--which is how we measure DIY projects here :classic_biggrin: I think it looks good, now on to our bathroom.

The Swans were, ahh, shall we say disappointing, although I thought they would lose so, that may not be the right way to characterize. I agree with whoever said this may not be their year.

Love having 2 hopeless teams to barrack for--the Swans and the NY Giants American football team. Who, just to show how cursed we are, just had one of their recent draft picks get shot in the leg. The friend he was with was also shot and died. This was just off campus in Kansas. Sad and another example of senseless gun violence here.

So,maybe next week will be better for the Swans. I hope Buddy is OK.

Go Swans

ML

Goodness,

I hope the shooting spurs the team on to better performances so that they won't get shot as well.

16 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I like your new sink.

so sad for the player who was shot (is it expected he’ll play again) and his friend’s family.

Thanks Mr Gut.

Yes,  Corey Ballentine will be fine, he was shot in the leg and is expected to fully recover and be ready for training camp. There are some questions as to his mental state after the loss of his teammate and friend. I hope he does OK.

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Looks like the Swans will have another tough game vs Brisbane. My prediction: Lions 16.15 (111) Swans 11.7 (73). Maybe I'll get it backwards again :classic_biggrin:

Go Swans

let us hope, they need to start turning their season around soon.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, Docker123 said:

Buddy is out for at least another week.

Hamstring issue.

Oh no, this is not good. I may have to revisit my score prediction...

On 4/30/2019 at 3:46 PM, MicCanberra said:

Did you mean Hamstring or Heartstring? 

No picking on Buddy, please. He's having a tough enough time :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Oh no, this is not good. I may have to revisit my score prediction...

No picking on Buddy, please. He's having a tough enough time :classic_smile:

I think part of the issue came about from falling off his wallet. 🤕

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Docker123