Free air promotion

TGBoss

We're considering a 2020 SS cruise from Hong Kong, with the free economy air promotion. Was wondering what experiences people have had with SIlversea air. Specifically, how bad are the "free flight" options? Don't know if it is worth it to me if I have to make 4 stops, when we have a non-stop option from Dallas!

Not sure what the availability is like from Dallas, but my flights to Singapore and from Hong Kong to London were direct BA flights and pretty much as hoped.

Previously, my experience has been similar.

On my next, we have used an agent and managed to get a better deal not only on price but flights themselves and were made "outside" the usual SS offerings, but still bookable.

Id advise to speak to both an agent and SS and see what they offer. Agents often can give you a better option (and not just the flights SS use), but then again, you may well be offered what you actually would like with SS direct.

1 hour ago, TGBoss said:

...when we have a non-stop option from Dallas!

Personally, I could never imagine flying that nearly 17-long flight in American’s super dense coach seating on their 777-300.  It would be brutal beyond belief.  If SS books your air, not only will you not be in Premium Economy, you won’t even be in Main Cabin Extra.

I’d much rather take the $1,500 air credit per passenger, buy AAdvantage flight miles during one of American’s sales (usually for less than $0.018 per mile, and then ideally book a Biz Class saver award, or at a minimum, a Premium Economy saver award seat.