Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

I love this thread. I will be on board the US Inaugural beginning on April 26 and am getting so excited! 

I have seen most of these pictures in various Instagram accounts. I am wondering if when folks share the photos here they have the photographer’s permission or could at least credit them? I certainly will if I find anything that hasn’t already been shared here. 

6 hours ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

I love this thread. I will be on board the US Inaugural beginning on April 26 and am getting so excited! 

I have seen most of these pictures in various Instagram accounts. I am wondering if when folks share the photos here they have the photographer’s permission or could at least credit them? I certainly will if I find anything that hasn’t already been shared here. 

I am sure most readers will know these photos come from the public domain/open social media where they were put online to be shared with the world as intended by their photographers. I have added links/credit to photos in some of the other Everything.. threads but there was no added value in it I think. I am not making a profit over the photos with them being shared here versus someone sharing them commercially. For me it's about just bringing them to you, the community as a subject of conversation for our common hobby and interest; cruising.

Personally I won't be crediting or naming photographers as it makes it less workable when I've multiple tabs open, busy with URL's, profiles and copying pasting them in the thread. And in some events the identity or origin of a photo is better left unknown as NCL reads along too, in case of a rare scoop. And a scoop or first sight of anything new on a ship is usually a highlight of the day, week or even year in these threads and a main reason for those who follow it. And last but not least, providing credit could lead to unwanted photo requests from others on the social media profile of the photographer with negative consequences for all of us; no more photos, a change in public to private setting for photos, etc.

Just my perspective/two cents. Interested in other opinions too to see if there's a good understanding for this kind of threads. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I want to echo my thanks FreestyleNovice. I followed your Bliss thread faithfully and loved every minute of it. It helped build our excitement until our cruise on the Bliss last November. I’ll be following your Joy thread while anxiously waiting until we sail her in May.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this for all of us!

Edited by CaliMom05
  • Like 1

Wondering what's up with the blank space on deck 15, star board side, mid ship: it's a blank space on the new deck plans (also on the old ones), appears to have balconies so had me thinking it's higher officer's accommodation. Usually sits closer to the bridge.

Why hasn't NCL turned that valuable space into pax cabins?

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

43 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Wondering what's up with the blank space on deck 15, star board side, mid ship: it's a blank space on the new deck plans (also on the old ones), appears to have balconies so had me thinking it's higher officer's accommodation. Usually sits closer to the bridge.

Why hasn't NCL turned that valuable space into pax cabins?

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

are those spaces also empty on escape, bliss, and encore?

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

are those spaces also empty on escape, bliss, and encore?

Nope, forgot to mention that. That's the weird thing about it.

Epic has some unknown balconies aft high up near the spa that I know of for probably the same use. Crew, corporate pax, regular pax overflow (unforeseen incidents which require a cabin swap on a full ship?)..?

8 minutes ago, ATLJC said:

I wonder if it has something to do with one of the pools being right above the area of these cabins.

FireShot Capture 218 - Norwegian Joy Drag Deck Plans - www.cruisedeckplans.com.png

Hmm... sharp eye! That could be it! But why the balconies, if it even are real ones LOL. Or the technical equipment made them tiny-mini-balconies, another new category on NCL heh! :classic_biggrin:

The pool does crosses the hallway/corridor on the deck below, I always thought the pool took in huge amounts of space on the decks below? NCL probably knows best but it had me wondering.

1 minute ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Hmm... sharp eye! That could be it! But why the balconies, if it even are real ones LOL. Or the technical equipment made them tiny-mini-balconies, another new category on NCL heh! :classic_biggrin:

The pool does crosses the hallway/corridor on the deck below, I always thought the pool took in huge amounts of space on the decks below? NCL probably knows best but it had me wondering.

The glass on those balconies doors is a different material, much like a reflective film, so you can't see into them.  I'm guessing equipment for the pool takes up that space and they wanted to continue the exterior flow of that deck with faux balconies for aesthetic reasons. I noticed that on a video I viewed a while back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Nope, forgot to mention that. That's the weird thing about it.

Epic has some unknown balconies aft high up near the spa that I know of for probably the same use. Crew, corporate pax, regular pax overflow (unforeseen incidents which require a cabin swap on a full ship?)..?

Joy has a different pool layout because they put in a fake garden instead of a traditional pool deck in order to better appeal to Chinese cruisers.  They pushed the pool off to the side since sitting around the pool sunbathing isn't very popular there.

• Like 1