Validate that the bed splts into twins

bjfitz0703

Booked a ocean view cabin for 2 on the Sunrise (Triumph) for my son and myself (he is 16).  Videos on you tube always show the beds pushed together for such a cabin.  Just want to make sure that the beds always can be alternatively set-up as twin beds by the steward.....otherwise my son will kill me! Also can you inform Carnival ahead of time to set it up that way or just tell the steward when you get on board? Thanks for the insight. 

• Haha 1

The beds can most definitely can be set up as twins. You should be able to select this option online, but if they are still set up as a king when you board, just tell your room steward and he/she will separate them for you.

• Like 3

Yes, what h_blond2 said.  Absolutely configurable as twins.  Here's how to check to make sure your bed request is on record:

On the Carnival website, log in and click the "Manage" tab.

Then, click on "Booking & Order Details".

Scroll down until you see the the bed configuration choice.  If it says "King Bed",  click on the "Edit Bedding" option below it and change to "Twin Beds".

But, as h_blond2 said, if when you enter your cabin, your beds are not set up as twins, just make the request of your Room Steward and it will be handled before bedtime.  No problem.

Happy sails!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Yes, what h_blond2 said.  Absolutely configurable as twins.  Here's how to check to make sure your bed request is on record:

Scroll down until you see the the bed configuration choice.  If it says "King Bed",  click on the "Edit Bedding" option below it and change to "Twin Beds".

But, as h_blond2 said, if when you enter your cabin, your beds are not set up as twins, just make the request of your Room Steward and it will be handled before bedtime.  No problem.

Happy sails!

3 minutes ago, bjfitz0703 said:

Just wanted to say thanks to you both.  I followed the instructions above and the lady already set them up as twins in the system....guess she understood how we were sailing....thanks again...Solid Advice!

You're welcome and have a great cruise!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Your cabin steward can set your beds up

just about any which way you can dream up.

Parallel, or at 90 degrees to ea.other.

I'm sure he's done it all

and can suggest configurations you never even thought of!

Oh btw...

Empty suitcases go under the bed, after you've unpacked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Happy sails!

Kind of strange   That's how I have always changed it in the past. However on our next cruise our bed says 2 twins and there is no edit button to change it.  There's edit buttons for everything else but not for the bed.  I wonder if this a glitch with the new web site.    I'm not worried   I will just call or have it changed on board

4 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Kind of strange   That's how I have always changed it in the past. However on our next cruise our bed says 2 twins and there is no edit button to change it.  There's edit buttons for everything else but not for the bed.  I wonder if this a glitch with the new web site.    I'm not worried   I will just call or have it changed on board

Check your cabin configuration.  There are a number of cabins (include some 4Js) where the twin beds cannot be moved together.

• Like 1

Since you ask about the "beds," I will make this suggestion, unless it has been changed.  If for some reason, your mattress seems to be too hard, you can ask for an "egg crate," and they will put this on the bed to make it softer.  I do like/love Carnivals beds. 🙂

7 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Check your cabin configuration.  There are a number of cabins (include some 4Js) where the twin beds cannot be moved together.

Good point.  I just remembered that we booked a guaranteed cabin this time. That could be the reason.  It is a balcony so I’m sure we will be good.  I don’t know of any balcony’s that are twin only. I could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Well, yes, I guess the ship is movable. Lol. Should have said there are some bed which cannon be rearranged — by the steward.

Lol, I meant what is listed online is not always what happens onboard. On Princess, I’ve had a room that stayed 2 Twins that do not convert. The steward had no problem combining them.

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Lol, I meant what is listed online is not always what happens onboard. On Princess, I’ve had a room that stayed 2 Twins that do not convert. The steward had no problem combining them.

Good to know.  Once on Princess Royal I was offered upgrade from inside to balcony in a way forward cabin (I think odd shape) for $139 on a 10 day. I very reluctantly turned it down because of the notation about the beds. Worked out for the best though, as the next day, just a couple days before sailing, they called back with a full midship balcony on an upper deck for the same price. Perfect location.

6 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Good point.  I just remembered that we booked a guaranteed cabin this time. That could be the reason.  It is a balcony so I’m sure we will be good.  I don’t know of any balcony’s that are twin only. I could be wrong.

All the beds are twins, they are just pushed together to make one bed.  

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Elaine5715 said:

All the beds are twins, they are just pushed together to make one bed.  

That goes for suites too? Would like to have a suite some day, but would be with a friend and would like my own bed.

12 hours ago, gtouch said:

Really this post had 19 now 20 post. Have a great cruise. But this is on the Carnival website. 

8 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

And your point is?  You will always find numerous opinions on any given questions on here.

Well, that's @gtouch's point - this isn't an opinion-based matter, it is factual, and described on Carnival's website.

Opinions would be "I prefer to separate the beds into two twins, because I flail around when I sleep and I don't want to bother my wife".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, that's @gtouch's point - this isn't an opinion-based matter, it is factual, and described on Carnival's website.

Opinions would be "I prefer to separate the beds into two twins, because I flail around when I sleep and I don't want to bother my wife".

Technically I used the wrong word when I said opinions.  It should have been experiences.  Carnival's website does not say anything other than it's two twins beds that can be made into a one.  As some have said, there are certain cabins that can't be made into one because of the  configuration of the cabin.  

25 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

Technically I used the wrong word when I said opinions.  It should have been experiences.  Carnival's website does not say anything other than it's two twins beds that can be made into a one.  As some have said, there are certain cabins that can't be made into one because of the  configuration of the cabin.  

OK, yeah makes much more sense that way!