Info HAL Zaandam May 11-18 Boston to Montreal

Smiths4164

Looking for ideas from people familiar with Boston. We are staying at Westin Seaport May 10 then sailing May 11. We will be arriving from Detroit to Boston 8:15 am so clearly too early to check in but hoping we can drop off bags and use this time to explore Boston as much as possible early in day till later afternoon say 4 pm or so. DH wants to see USS constitution and cheers. I was wondering if there is a water taxi that stops from airport to Westin? Is there a possibility to take same back to constitution then work our way back to harbour boardwalk and Faniuel Hall. My hubby does not like Uber so if water taxi not available what is the approximate cost of taxi or any other public transportation available to Constitution? Would it be doable to walk to Aquarium/Boston Tea Party from Westin Seaport? Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

The Westin should be able to check your bags no issue.

From the airport, the best way would be to take the Silver Line to the Seaport area. I believe from the airport you go to the World Trade Center inside stop, then change to the other line for a stop. 

The Constitution is North, the Seaport is South, the aquarium is in the middle. I personally wouldn't say its walkable, but you can do the T.

The Silver Line is free from the airport.  Get off at the World Trade Center street stop (first stop after going through the tunnel), take the elevator in the station entrance to the upper level (World Trade Center Ave), and walk across to the Westin about 2-3 blocks.

My suggestion for touring would be to take a cab first to the Constitution - museum opens at 9 and the ship at 10 am and you can be through there before it gets crowded.  Then take the MBTA water taxi to Long Wharf for $3.50/pp - https://www.mbta.com/fares/ferry?origin=Boat-Charlestown#origin - this is your mini upper harbor cruise.

From Long Wharf you can walk into the North End or directly into the Faneuil Hall area. Continue on the Freedom Trail back to the Boston Common.  Cheers is on Beacon St on the North side of the Common.  From Park St you can walk across the Common to Cheers.  You can cab back to the Westin or you can walk up Charles St through Beacon Hill to the Charles MGH Red Line Station to take any inbound train to South Station where you free transfer to the Silverline SL1 or SL 2 back to the World Trade station near the Westin.  From Cheers you can also walk back through the Common to the Park St Station to pick up the Red Line.