Live from Celebrity Summit 3/25/19 Inaugural Revolution Cruise!

rosskeys88

23 hours ago, DelawareTom said:

I'm just a little bit confused maybe.  Did they just retitle the old Michael's Club as The Retreat Lounge in the same space and is Luminae in the same place as always on the Summit?

Yes and Yes.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:14 AM, cangelmd said:

Great pics, have a wonderful cruise

Did I understand you found a lot of shade on the Retreat deck space? Pics?

We will be on Equinox, post-rev, I know it may be quite different from Summit, but I'm interested in how much shade I can find on the Retreat lounging space.

'

Will get some more pics, but yes lots of shade. 

You can see my DW is tired of my blogging!

A0A3AAE4-FE90-4DF9-8967-0CF0C3053D5E.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

oh.. you did find it? great!

How many were there?

16 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

oh.. you did find it? great!

How many were there?

Just one.  Center starboard. Near the craps table. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ereggae said:

The Summit was just added to the Celebrity App and the Blu menu is posted there.

The app menus are not accurate, except for the everyday items.  I had a New York strip last night and it was excellent!

33 minutes ago, rosskeys88 said:

Butler service is not stellar.

Suite manager Joann is great, but she is dealing with a lot of issues.  Poor thing. 

Retreat Deck is very quiet, decent service and a nice break from the crowd.  

If you have a minute, some more questions:

1- What's the issue with the butler?

2- Who is the Retreat Concierge?

3- Is there a bar or food service in the Retreat sundeck?

4- Can you list the current production shows? (have they changed?)

38 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

If you have a minute, some more questions:

1- What's the issue with the butler?

2- Who is the Retreat Concierge?

3- Is there a bar or food service in the Retreat sundeck?

4- Can you list the current production shows? (have they changed?)

Butler:  day 3 and we finally got a restock of mini bar and not what we requested.  One cabin got evening chocolates (super cool presentation) the other did not.  We requested pillows, did not receive. Laundry went out Day one.  Still not received. No beach bag provided in one room.  

2: retreat concierge is Jess.  She is great. 

3: no, but they fetch drinks, about a 10 minute wait. Food from 11-4. Limited menus, think poolside cafe, but they deliver it.

4: haven’t seen mainstage shows, but ABT debuts tonight and looking forward to that. 

Following and loved the video...we all need to know that new means issues for a while, along with the price one pays to be on a brand new or revolutioaluzed ship!  

Thank you you for sharing your thoughts with all of us, and I hope your families have a wonderful cruise; you are both cruising in Royal Suites, so enjoy!  

• Like 2

If you get a chance can you ask Joann (Suite Manager) when her vacation is.  Also who are the bar servers in MC.  We had a great time with a women bar server from Ukraine who was there in the early afternoon.  She was all excited about working during the dry dock.  She kept saying she was going to paint the anchor pink.    If you happen to see her also ask when she will be going on vacation.  We are sailing again in late May and would love to see some of these crew again.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ravenchic said:

Can't wait to go on the Summit on April 13th!  Pardon the boring question but can you take a snap shot of the laundry prices - I am a mom with 2 little boys and laundry is key for us cruising (or any travel for that matter!).  Last year Equinox had a deal - $40 for all the laundry that would fit into a bag - it was a lifesaver!  Thanks!!

Attached is the laundry list.   They usually have the Laundry Bag and also often have a cheaper one at the 1/2 way point of a longer cruise.   BTW if you are Elite or Elite plus you will receive 1 or 2 bags per person free.1152472812_laundrylist.thumb.jpg.76e83a3024fea7664fbcd505735f0fab.jpg

1 hour ago, rosskeys88 said:

Butler:  day 3 and we finally got a restock of mini bar and not what we requested.  One cabin got evening chocolates (super cool presentation) the other did not.  We requested pillows, did not receive. Laundry went out Day one.  Still not received. No beach bag provided in one room.  

2: retreat concierge is Jess.  She is great. 

3: no, but they fetch drinks, about a 10 minute wait. Food from 11-4. Limited menus, think poolside cafe, but they deliver it.

4: haven’t seen mainstage shows, but ABT debuts tonight and looking forward to that. 

It sounds like your butler is not looking for an extra tip 😐.  Maybe you need to have a little talk with him.  Very disappointing.  Regarding laundry, we always received a 24-36 hour turn around. 

If possible, can you post the names of the production shows.  We are really hoping they changed out the past shows which have been running for years.

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

Can you please tell me who the butler is on the odd numbered side of the hall.  Hoping that it is Peter.  Thank you.

Odd side is Hommer (excellent) even: Budi. (Budi has been scene working the retreat lounge in addition, however)

Using the search feature here the even side butler has many prior complaints.  I am surprised he is kept in this role in the suite area.  It's unfortunate.  At this price point, I would be very disappointed.  Thanks again for sharing your trip with us.  You have a lovely family!

• Like 1

For problems with you butler can easily be corrected by having a chat with the Suites Manager.   We met someone on  a recent cruise who had so  many problems with their butler that they replaced with a different butler.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rosskeys88 said:

Odd side is Hommer (excellent) even: Budi. (Budi has been scene working the retreat lounge in addition, however)

Hommer has been great - even getting me sliced lemon for my diet coke every day & making sure we have milk for our 3 yr old.  The coffee service was a bit late this morning although I know these guys are really busy.

2 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

I guess it’s a lucky break that there are two different butlers and you didn’t get stuck with the one guy for all of your RS. 

It’s been good to compare & contrast.  Hommer has been good with keeping the fridge stocked.  It is my husband’s job to mix the drinks😜

C8ACC0BA-AC49-465C-86CC-3D7C8C717167.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aprilfool77 said:

It’s been good to compare & contrast.  Hommer has been good with keeping the fridge stocked.  It is my husband’s job to mix the drinks😜imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

C8ACC0BA-AC49-465C-86CC-3D7C8C717167.jpeg

Amateurs, don’t make me come across the hall from the even side!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1