Live from Celebrity Summit 3/25/19 Inaugural Revolution Cruise!

rosskeys88

27 minutes ago, I_r_a said:

That is what is offered to Suite Guests?

Compare to the Waves Grill menu on Riviera

You are trying to compare apples to oranges. Oceania is considered to be a luxury cruise line where Celebrity is a on the higher end of the main stream cruise lines. Not the same category of cruising  therefor I would not expect the same category of food. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I didn't think their menu would be this extensive since Luminae is aft and 9 or so decks below the Retreat.

I think, but am not quite sure, that this menu is provided by a kitchen other than the Luminae kitchen.  The reason I'm saying this is because on Edge the Retreat Menu was offered every day - even on port days when Luminae was closed for lunch.  Perhaps on the Summit the food is prepared in a kitchen other than the Luminae galley (which I believe is on Deck 2 or 3).  Maybe it's prepared in the kitchen area of the buffet on Deck 10 or perhaps in the kitchen area of Qsine??  Just a guess on my part.

2 hours ago, jcpc said:

I think, but am not quite sure, that this menu is provided by a kitchen other than the Luminae kitchen.  The reason I'm saying this is because on Edge the Retreat Menu was offered every day - even on port days when Luminae was closed for lunch.  Perhaps on the Summit the food is prepared in a kitchen other than the Luminae galley (which I believe is on Deck 2 or 3).  Maybe it's prepared in the kitchen area of the buffet on Deck 10 or perhaps in the kitchen area of Qsine??  Just a guess on my part.

Wonder if the OP was on a sea day or port day.  If it was a port day that would be great for an alternative to the buffet.  Even on a sea day, the out door venue would be wonderful.

• Like 1

Hi Rosskeys,

We are very interested in any information that you can share about the Retreat deck. We are coming from Retreat Cabanas on HAL and are used to having our own space. So very curious about how busy it is. Would like to know if you can get a lounge chair at any time or do you still need to arrive early. (Especially on sea days.) We are also interested in the service level.

Is there a bar or a place to get drinks in the Retreat itself?

Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacay to help educate all of us! We are enjoying your review very much and it is so helpful.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the great reporting! Could you possibly post pics of some of the bar menus with prices? I’m on the fence about buying a drink package, would love a reality check of the cost for one drink at a time. Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, cruising diva said:

Rosskeys88

does 6133 have an L shape sofa in the living room or just a loveseat? Thank you.

L shape.  I would suggest the odd side over the even.  Their is a smell on the balconies of the even side.

10 hours ago, jagger16 said:

Hi Rosskeys,

We are very interested in any information that you can share about the Retreat deck. We are coming from Retreat Cabanas on HAL and are used to having our own space. So very curious about how busy it is. Would like to know if you can get a lounge chair at any time or do you still need to arrive early. (Especially on sea days.) We are also interested in the service level.

Is there a bar or a place to get drinks in the Retreat itself?

Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacay to help educate all of us! We are enjoying your review very much and it is so helpful.

Enjoy!

At any given moment I would say cabanas are 50-75 percent full (no sea days yet..today is first one).  

No no actual bar, but servers are extremely fast.

service level is amazing on the retreat deck.

So how would you rate the overhaul overall?  We were on the Summit a while back....very shortly after is was 'Solstiscized'.  There were upgrades but there were many areas of the ship that still looked tired, worn and old.  Things like scratched elevator floors, chipping UV panels on windows, well worn furniture, etc.  Were these types of things addressed in this upgrade?

Thanks for the review!  We are on the Summit 4/13 in a Sky Suite.  We loved our last Summit cruise (April 2018) and our only minor complaint was lack of service poolside. Really looking forward to taking advantage of the Retreat this year!  Enjoy your last day!

7 hours ago, Sascol said:

So how would you rate the overhaul overall?  We were on the Summit a while back....very shortly after is was 'Solstiscized'.  There were upgrades but there were many areas of the ship that still looked tired, worn and old.  Things like scratched elevator floors, chipping UV panels on windows, well worn furniture, etc.  Were these types of things addressed in this upgrade?

We were on the Jan 29 sailing before the dry dock.  The elevators were completely redone during our cruise and the one prior.  They said they did them early because they would be used during the dry dock.

Rosskeys, thanks for what you've posted!  We were on Celebrity (like Sascol) shortly after it was "Solstiscized", and have to agree it was a half-hearted refurb.  This looks like a full and great effort was put into it - looking forward to coming back onboard soon!

12 hours ago, rosskeys88 said:

At any given moment I would say cabanas are 50-75 percent full (no sea days yet..today is first one).  

No no actual bar, but servers are extremely fast.

service level is amazing on the retreat deck.

Thank you! How did the sea day go?

13 hours ago, rosskeys88 said:

L shape.  I would suggest the odd side over the even.  Their is a smell on the balconies of the even side.

Is that a sewage smell  or fuel or smoking fumes ?

We will be in a Sunset Veranda and are following your  helpful review..Thanks for sharing. 

Were there any special inaugural events?

CruisinCons- I was thinking the same thing. We are booked in a veranda state room on deck 7.

My question is about the gym/fitness center.  What are the hours to work out in the gym...we do not need a trainer nor a class.  We have sailed on Summit 5 out of the last 6 years and have never had an issue.  Today, I received an email that makes it sound like passengers can't do that anymore....that use of the gym is by schedule, i.e. Classes or personal trainers. Say it isn't true.  This could be a real issue for us, esp my gym rat hubby.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review...we have been on the Summit twice and are booked for May 2020 in suite class. I'm curious about the new menu offerings in Luminae. What are your thoughts? We've always enjoyed it.