Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

I've been reading past comments about this but I didnt believe them until I saw it myself 
Just off the Anthem today ... there is a man who i've been told by crew members has been on the ship for around 3 months with a little emotional support dog 

The first time I saw the dog it seemed to be in a wagon of shorts being strolled around 

the last time i saw it it was on a leash going into an elevator as my family was walking out 

as they walked in the dog peed everwhere right outside of the elevator including my daughter's leg and shoe 

the gentleman didnt care and ignored it and went on his way 

Royal staff didnt care and told me this has never happened before. 

They refused any attention to my child 

yet the clean the pee up in Hazmat suits. HAZMAT SUITS! They don't clean bathroom with piss all over the place like this 

I Have photots

I requested copies of Vet papers showing dog was healthy and up to date with shots 

I was denied 

I spent the last night of our cruise unpacking - and re bathing a 4 year old 

we didnt have a tub so we have to bring a blow up pool to put in the shower - this isnt an easy task but it can be done 

eexcept that it was all dried out and packed away - and now with everyone upset quite the challenge 

My first thought was accidents happen 

My final thought is pure anger and disgust that not only do they allow it ... I was lied to ... the treated the floor better then they treated my child ... Guest services told me to go to medical and file a report .. medical refused to see us and file a report. I was lied to when they said the dog has not had any accidents anywhere and this was a first ... the lying steams me up more than anything. Even after I called them on it they continued to lie. 

This was just icing on the cake of several other minor problems on the Anthem this week. We were on her in Oct and fell in love. Now I wish we never went back and may never sail with RCCL again. Getting Peed on by a dog should not be a concern of ours while on a cruise ship. 

waiting on corporate to respond which they wont 

but the CDC may feel different 

I can guarantee you there's dog piss all over this ship they don't know about 

This guy was on our 12 night and I kept wondering where the dog did his duty.  Know I know!

One day I saw them at Customer Service and the dog was walking very funny.  I tole my DW that he had to do his number 2 (from having owned dogs over the years it is obvious) but we quickly walked the other way.  Yuck!

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This guy and his dog have been on quite a few Anthem cruises. Apparently he is Pinnacle and Royal has no control.

Oh they have control, but they are spineless to take the proper action like on a lot of other things. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Ok, not being snarky, but what actions would’ve helped? Did you want the staff to undress and bath your daughter? At 4, I’m sure she wa# using the pools and therefore showering there (at 4 all of my kids usually just showered anyway). Medical? You don’t  get sick by being exposed to dog urine. I’m guessing the hazmat suits are due to bodily fluids, by the book. I doubt anyone on the ship had any authority to throw the dog overboard, they didn’t allow this dog on. What if another child urinated on your child? What should happen to the parents? How should the family be compensated.

That said, do follow up with corporate, if only to prevent this from happening to others. I love dogs, I have a dog, there are plenty of places dogs don’t belong, like cruise ships (unless it’s a service animal of course, they belong anywhere and everywhere).

• Like 16

52 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

...  I requested copies of Vet papers showing dog was healthy and up to date with shots 

I was denied...

Unfortunately your request will never be granted, no matter where you are.  I don't believe those bringing their pets with them even have to prove anything to the cruise lines.  

Edited by davekathy

55 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

I've been reading past comments about this but I didnt believe them until I saw it myself 
Just off the Anthem today ... there is a man who i've been told by crew members has been on the ship for around 3 months with a little emotional support dog 

The first time I saw the dog it seemed to be in a wagon of shorts being strolled around 

the last time i saw it it was on a leash going into an elevator as my family was walking out 

as they walked in the dog peed everwhere right outside of the elevator including my daughter's leg and shoe 

the gentleman didnt care and ignored it and went on his way 

Royal staff didnt care and told me this has never happened before. 

They refused any attention to my child 

yet the clean the pee up in Hazmat suits. HAZMAT SUITS! They don't clean bathroom with piss all over the place like this 

I Have photots

I requested copies of Vet papers showing dog was healthy and up to date with shots 

I was denied 

I spent the last night of our cruise unpacking - and re bathing a 4 year old 

we didnt have a tub so we have to bring a blow up pool to put in the shower - this isnt an easy task but it can be done 

eexcept that it was all dried out and packed away - and now with everyone upset quite the challenge 

My first thought was accidents happen 

My final thought is pure anger and disgust that not only do they allow it ... I was lied to ... the treated the floor better then they treated my child ... Guest services told me to go to medical and file a report .. medical refused to see us and file a report. I was lied to when they said the dog has not had any accidents anywhere and this was a first ... the lying steams me up more than anything. Even after I called them on it they continued to lie. 

This was just icing on the cake of several other minor problems on the Anthem this week. We were on her in Oct and fell in love. Now I wish we never went back and may never sail with RCCL again. Getting Peed on by a dog should not be a concern of ours while on a cruise ship. 

waiting on corporate to respond which they wont 

but the CDC may feel different 

I can guarantee you there's dog piss all over this ship they don't know about 

Find the dog and pee back! 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This guy and his dog have been on quite a few Anthem cruises. Apparently he is Pinnacle and Royal has no control.

This absolutely needs to be controlled...I don't care what level of C&A he is...I don't pay $$$$'s to stay in a dog kennel.

• Like 15

post pics on the cruiseline facebook page.  One thing corporations do not like is negative feedback.  Might be one reason why I have not sailed with Royal Caribbean since 2011.  Just a joke.  I have been trying out other cruise lines; and have enjoyed Princess for the past three years

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I would've kicked the little pischer out the elevator door if I had seen that.  No excuse!

BecciBoo.....exactly!....I was thinking of Ray Guy and punt. 😃😁😹

• Like 1

Emotional support animals (ESA)  are not allowed on cruise ships and other public places! Only true service dogs are allowed. ESAs are only allowed on airplanes and in housing. A true service dog will not be carried around in a wagon because they are working. If you see this, then complain to corporate. I am allergic to dogs, so the kind of thing your talking about is a big problem for me. I'm fine with service dogs though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, driftingaway2017 said:

Emotional support animals (ESA)  are not allowed on cruise ships and other public places! Only true service dogs are allowed. ESAs are only allowed on airplanes and in housing. A true service dog will not be carried around in a wagon because they are working. If you see this, then complain to corporate. I am allergic to dogs, so the kind of thing your talking about is a big problem for me. I'm fine with service dogs though. 

There is a huge, now locked thread saying all of the above yet this dog is allowed to sail Anthem.  We have seen this pinnacle man and his pinnacle dog on all of our Anthem sailings.  Cruise line allows them to sail.

• Like 1