South Pacific diving?

KJHorton

Considering a cruise from Sydney to LA and want to see if anyone has information or dive operators for the following islands:

Pago Pago, American Samoa

Papeete, Tahiti

Moorea, French Polynesia

Hilo, Hawaii

Honolulu, Hawaii

Thanks!

For French Polynesia (Tahiti and Moorea) the diving is fantastic.  You'll do well to book in advance with Top Dive (https://www.topdive.com/). They operate on both islands, and you can usually get a package that will cover all your dives both places. 

Hilo there is in essence no diving.  The big island diving is on the Kona side. 

Honolulu, there are many options.  i used to use Aqua Zone, and they were quite good, but they've gone from small boats to a larger catamaran, from what I understand.  Aqua Zone no longer goes out of Hawaii Kai Marina, but if you can find someone that does, I like the Corsair wreck dive there. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 9:10 PM, omeinv said:

For French Polynesia (Tahiti and Moorea) the diving is fantastic.  You'll do well to book in advance with Top Dive (https://www.topdive.com/). They operate on both islands, and you can usually get a package that will cover all your dives both places. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Heading there in 18 months.    Any idea if they allow non divers on their boats?    My dh does not dive and gets tired of sitting on the ship while I dive.   thanks

Another choice in Moorea is Moorea Blue Diving. Moorea. If your ship docks at Papetoai Top Dive is closer. If at Cooks Bay Moorea Blue Diving closer. Agree that Top Dive is also an excellent choice for Papeete and great location at the Intercontinental. .Kona is expensive, congested and 1:45 min from Hilo, but Nautilus Diving Center in Hilo was outstanding. Nice, nice people.  It's been almost three years but Reef Pirates Diving was also terrific and a short drive from Honolulu and out of the congestion. No clue if any offer free riders.

• Like 1