Should I wait to submit upgrade bid?

Animalgirl27

I am currently booked in an oceanview guarantee on the NCL Sun. Should I wait until I receive a cabin assignment to bid in case I do automatically get an upgrade? When does the option to bid for an upgrade end? I don't want to miss that window waiting for the assignment. 

If you have the opportunity to bid for an upgrade now, no reason to wait.  If you get a cabin assignment it has no bearing on your upgrade bid.  You will be assigned a cabin in the category type that you booked (ocean view).  You can alter your bids at any time up to 48 hours prior to sailing (assuming, of course, it has not been accepted).  If you are not accepted, that is when they notify you.

Edited by Ella2

If you wait to bid you may be out of luck for that upgrade - NCL may process the upgrades earlier than

expected and especially if the guests are bidding right in the range or what NCL accepts.

Don't wait get you bid in there - monitor it from time to time - you can change it higher or lower at any

time up until it is accepted or declined. You can't win an upgrade if you don't bid !