New Carnival Beverage Package?

jbethel11

Is there any way to petition to Carnival to make a new beverage package? Like it could be titled "Refresh". This would include all non-alcoholic drinks (sodas, virgin cocktails, smoothies, milkshakes, coffees, etcetera). Royal has a similar thing, and for someone who can't drink alcohol, this would be a nice "middle point" between spending $10/day and $50 per day! I would price this package between $25-30pp/day! What do y'all think?

Edited by jbethel11
y'all
  • Like 10

12 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Is there any way to petition to Carnival to make a new beverage package? Like it could be titled "Refresh". This would include all non-alcoholic drinks (sodas, virgin cocktails, smoothies, milkshakes, coffees, etcetera). Royal has a similar thing, and for someone who can't drink alcohol, this would be a nice "middle point" between spending $10/day and $50 per day! I would price this package between $25-30pp/day! What do y'all think?

You can petition, but why would they do that?  

• Like 1

Just now, fyree39 said:

Why wouldn't they?

Because they do not have to.... and they would lose tons of money doing so.  It is fairly easy....do the math on how far $25 goes buying drinks..... now lets say they get a moderated unlimited and include soda and include milkshakes and include water and include smoothies and include coffees.  What would you do?

• Like 1

Did they have to implement the CHEERS program?

No, they didn't have to.  It comes down to their analysis that creating such a program would increase revenue and profit.  More than likely, they evaluated the program from a financial risk point.  They, and I, probably see that a program like CHEERS is a cash cow and some, if not most, people do not get their monies worth.  The ones that do offset the ones that don't.  And they are never losing money on alcohol based on their cost.

So, it would be interesting to ask the following: If you were a Carnival financial exec, do you think offering a "Refresh" Package would increase your profit?  Would the average guest pay more if they got this than paying a la carte?

Carnival, or any cruise line for that matter, doesn't have to do anything.

• Like 2

Not that every corporation is 100% aligned to what the market wants, but I feel this would already exist if there was that high of a demand. Are there that many people buying non-alcoholic, non-soda drinks per day that they would spend $25-$30 per day? Just like Cheers, it would have to be for everyone in the cabin too.

16 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Just like Cheers, it would have to be for everyone in the cabin too.

This.

If everyone in the cabin had to have it (which makes total sense), it would limit the number of people who would get it. There is no way that a family of 4 with 2 small children is going to "get their monies worth" with a package like this. A 5 year old is not likely to drink $25 worth of beverages a day. There is no point in offering a package that may or may not sell well.

Jbethel, I understand your point and why you are asking this. I am sorry that you are so frustrated. If you are really interested in seeing something like this happen then maybe you should contact John Heald. I don't think a petition is likely to do any good but John seems to me to be the best point of contact for something like this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, emoorehead said:

This.

If everyone in the cabin had to have it (which makes total sense), it would limit the number of people who would get it. There is no way that a family of 4 with 2 small children is going to "get their monies worth" with a package like this. A 5 year old is not likely to drink $25 worth of beverages a day. There is no point in offering a package that may or may not sell well.

Jbethel, I understand your point and why you are asking this. I am sorry that you are so frustrated. If you are really interested in seeing something like this happen then maybe you should contact John Heald. I don't think a petition is likely to do any good but John seems to me to be the best point of contact for something like this. 

They already have a soda package for the kids... Over the years Carnival has expanded their beverage program (Cheers) to include juices, energy drinks, special coffees, etc.... Plus they offer enough free beverages in the buffet. So like you...I agree I do not see Carnival introducing a non-alcholic option 

I for one would buy this package. I don’t drink alcohol soda or energy drinks. But I do love having a few nonalcoholic drinks and maybe a milkshake or too. Also there should be something for kids that don’t drink soda. I am a believer that there should be different packages and if it doesn’t work out for you then you know what DON’T ORDER IT. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

They already have a soda package for the kids... Over the years Carnival has expanded their beverage program (Cheers) to include juices, energy drinks, special coffees, etc.... Plus they offer enough free beverages in the buffet. So like you...I agree I do not see Carnival introducing a non-alcholic option 

But kids do not want sodas! At least I don't! I want smoothies! Smoothies, Smoothies, Smoothies! I need smoothies! I am not going to purchase an alcoholic package just for SMOOTHIES! Furthermore, maybe Carnival could make this specifically for kids like me!

• Like 3

You are saying about the free drinks and the juices. What are they? Orange apple and cranberry? And the free drinks are coffee tea really nasty ice tea.  It wasn’t so bad when you were able to take on a case or two of ice tea or Snapple with you but now that they stop that for people who don’t drink alcohol or soda what is there for us?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kutty77 said:

You are saying about the free drinks and the juices. What are they? Orange apple and cranberry? And the free drinks are coffee tea really nasty ice tea.  It wasn’t so bad when you were able to take on a case or two of ice tea or Snapple with you but now that they stop that for people who don’t drink alcohol or soda what is there for us?

Water, hot tea, iced tea, juices, coffee, and lemonade are included at no extra charge.  Out of that list only water is provided free in a restaurant.

If Carnival could make money by selling a third beverage package I'm confident they would offer it.  I wonder, though, if they would still include the beverages that they currently include at no additional charge.

Edited by bury me at sea

3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

They have one already.  Endless Bubbles.  Kids don't pay anyways.

Nope, that is nowhere near what I am describing. That only includes fruit juices and sodas! I am not sure if you comprehend, but I want SMOOTHIES!

28 minutes ago, kutty77 said:

And the free drinks are coffee tea really nasty ice tea.  It wasn’t so bad when you were able to take on a case or two of ice tea or Snapple with you but now that they stop that for people who don’t drink alcohol or soda what is there for us?

You can still bring on iced tea- it just has to be in cans, not bottles. 12 cans per person.

10 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

They have one already.  Endless Bubbles.  Kids don't pay anyways.

I'm not sure I understand your post- do you mean kids don't pay, their parents do? or did you mean kids don't pay for Bottomless Bubbles? 

I'm sure your post is straightforward, and it's my lack of caffeine causing the processing issue here, LOL!

17 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I'm not sure I understand your post- do you mean kids don't pay, their parents do? or did you mean kids don't pay for Bottomless Bubbles? 

I'm sure your post is straightforward, and it's my lack of caffeine causing the processing issue here, LOL!

Yes, that parents pay.  Kids seem to conveniently leave their wallets at home whenever the check appears. .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually just asked this on John Heald's FB page a couple of weeks ago and he stated at this time there was no plans to implement any sort of mid-level plan.  Kind of a bummer when you have teenagers that don't just want soda but aren't old enough for Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyhb12 said:

So, it would be interesting to ask the following: If you were a Carnival financial exec, do you think offering a "Refresh" Package would increase your profit?  Would the average guest pay more if they got this than paying a la carte?

I think some would think it would increase profit because I don't want to pay $55/pp per day for Cheers since we don't drink a lot of alcohol. I WOULD pay $25-$30 pp/per day (provided that both adults in the cabin don't have to pay for it, like with Cheers) for a Refresh-type program where I got virgin drinks, water, cokes, etc. I would still pay ala carte for the few drinks we DO buy (maybe 5, 10 tops between the two of us per cruise).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

So narrowminded you people. jUsT bUy ThEm. I wouldn't be posting this thread if I wanted to buy them! I do not know about you, but I don't like coming off the cruise and seeing a bill of $200+ when I could spend on a package!

Well, you suggested a daily rate of $25-30, so let's say $28 per day plus 18% gratuity would be $34 multiply that by, let's 7 days, and you are spending a little over $231 for a week of smoothies. You'd need to drink 5 a day to break even.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, schazzy said:

Well, you suggested a daily rate of $25-30, so let's say $28 per day plus 18% gratuity would be $34 multiply that by, let's 7 days, and you are spending a little over $231 for a week of smoothies. You'd need to drink 5 a day to break even.

Royal does that, why can’t Carnival?

• Like 2