New Carnival Beverage Package?

jbethel11

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

No way there is a market for that.  Very few people would drink $30 per day of non-alcoholic drinks.

Except Royal has a similar package so clearly there is one. I'm not even saying I'd get it, but Carnival loses nothing by offering one

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Everything you said could also be said for Cheers. Do you really need "unlimited" (well, limited to 15/day) alcoholic beverages? Isn't buying alcohol drinks a la carte enough? It sounds like alcohol poisoning waiting to happen. Or at least a boat full of sloppy drunks wreaking havoc (which we know isn't the case). In the end, a lot of people use these packages for convenience and so they don't have to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise. Just because you offer the ability to drink 15 alcoholic beverages a day, or $30 worth of milkshakes/day, doesn't mean that's what everyone does with it. That's one of the reasons why they're such big money makers. They already have a huge mark-up on alcohol to begin with. Add to that people who buy a package deal and don't drink the limit and Carnival's raking it in.

You don't have to come anywhere close to the limit to break even on Cheers

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Keep in mind that jbethel's original intent was to simply ask if there was a way to make this suggestion to Carnival. And they happened to fill us in on what they had in mind. It doesn't matter what Carnival wants to do or whether or not they find it to be profitable, as some keep repeating. OP just wanted to know if there was a way to bring this to Carnival's attention. A simple suggestion box, so to speak. Companies everywhere give consumers a method to offer feedback, and that's what the OP was seeking. They also aren't suggesting creating a "smoothie package," as someone called it. They're suggesting a non-alcoholic package that goes beyond Bottomless Bubbles. OP simply really likes smoothies and would use such a package primarily for those. OP, I'm sorry you're being hit with so much resistance from some people. I get it, I dared to ask an innocent question about lifeboats and was met by several posts insulting my intelligence. That's why these threads keep getting closed/deleted.

Thank you so much! Some people lack basic common sense and human interaction skills, so I guess you are right!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Thank you so much! Some people lack basic common sense and human interaction skills, so I guess you are right!

What shaded lady said is the thing to do. Suggest it to John Heald and put it on your surveys. Nobody around here can get carnival to add a new drink package. What you’re going to get here is everyone’s opinion on it.

I don’t understand why it’s a big problem with some people if they offer it and you want to purchase it do it. If you don’t want it don’t purchase it.  It’s not that hard. Also having a package for just say kids help parents by controlling how much the spend on drinks. My nephew would have at least 5-6 non  alcoholic drinks a day alone. 

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

Except Royal has a similar package so clearly there is one. I'm not even saying I'd get it, but Carnival loses nothing by offering one

Of course they could lose something

1 hour ago, tinkr2 said:

What I stated was that the refresh package is very popular and I assume profitable, either in cash or guest retention . And why would you see a line for a smoothie? they are made at the regular bars, they blend right in with bar guests.

I will try again, if it is very profitable they would not want to have a program where it would cut down on the profits.   

There is a big difference in price between the Bubbles program and the proposed $25 non-alcoholic drinks package. I do not mind paying $8.50 a day for a few sodas (mostly diet) and juice but I and I think most people would not drinks more than one high calorie milkshakes, smoothies, or special coffees. People might if they could share with their family. I suspect most of those on Royal Caribbean share). A few year ago on Holland American they sold a $50 drink card for $25 per cruise that could be used for any type drink. I would like that type program. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

2 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

There is a big difference in price between the Bubbles program and the proposed $25 non-alcoholic drinks package. I do not mind paying $8.50 a day for a few sodas (mostly diet) and juice but I and I think most people would not drinks more than one high calorie milkshakes, smoothies, or special coffees. People might if they could share with their family. A few year ago on Holland American they sold a $50 drink card for $25 per cruise that could be used for any type drink. I would like that type program. 

Typically, people drink 2 cups of Coffee a day, followed by 2 smoothies/milkshakes, and then Powerade/premium juices. Throw in a couple of sodas for dinner, and perhaps a mocktail during the show. This could be a possibility!

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Typically, people drink 2 cups of Coffee a day, followed by 2 smoothies/milkshakes, and then Powerade/premium juices. Throw in a couple of sodas for dinner, and perhaps a mocktail during the show. This could be a possibility!

What would the limits be on “this” package?

6 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

There is a big difference in price between the Bubbles program and the proposed $25 non-alcoholic drinks package. I do not mind paying $8.50 a day for a few sodas (mostly diet) and juice but I and I think most people would not drinks more than one high calorie milkshakes, smoothies, or special coffees. People might if they could share with their family. I suspect most of those on Royal Caribbean share). A few year ago on Holland American they sold a $50 drink card for $25 per cruise that could be used for any type drink. I would like that type program. 

Try asking them to pay $30 per person in the cabin, family of four paying $120 a day...let the screaming begin..

I think a package like this would be wonderful. Especially if CCL would let one adult in a cabin buy that and the other Cheers. Because there is a market for those other drinks like the specialty coffees and smoothies. I would love that!

I hope you are able to reach out in the ways suggested in this thread. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Half-Pint said:

I think a package like this would be wonderful. Especially if CCL would let one adult in a cabin buy that and the other Cheers. Because there is a market for those other drinks like the specialty coffees and smoothies. I would love that!

I hope you are able to reach out in the ways suggested in this thread. 🙂

If one could buy Cheers and the other the enhanced non-alcoholic, yes that would be a big seller but it would cut into the profits. As a non-drinking Carnival cruiser, I would like to thank the drinkers for helping keep the cruise fares down. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Good point right there. Bartenders are busy enough. They need tips and aren’t going to get them from kids. 

Cause money. Don't think that some drunk adult has any more value than a polite kid who is PAYING for the drink! Furthermore, all humans are valuable, no matter what age. You were a kid once too, so how would you like to be told that as a paying customer, you are not valued? Huh?

Edited by jbethel11
Raging
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Jbethel11 I'd strongly urge you to pursue this from several different angles- email Carnival, post a request on John Heald's FB page and next time you're cruising, include it in the survey... others may disagree but if you think it's worthwhile, let Carnival know!

This may not result in anything, but then again, it might! I'm sure a TON of people requested a drinks package before Cheers actually showed up! and I always say, if you don't ask the question, the answer will ALWAYS be NO!

Thanks ☺️

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Cause money. Don't think that some drunk adult has any more value than a polite kid who is PAYING for the drink! 

I am sure the bartenders and waiters enjoy pouring a soda for a $.45 tip. Most of them can pour a soda in a few seconds. 

28 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Cause money. Don't think that some drunk adult has any more value than a polite kid who is PAYING for the drink! Furthermore, all humans are valuable, no matter what age. You were a kid once too, so how would you like to be told that as a paying customer, you are not valued? Huh?

You are a spit fire~ I hope you go after this. Make it a project. Get teacher's involved to help you with letters! A well written letter can catch someone's eye. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

I'm not sure who these typical people are. Don't forget, coffee is already included with the fare. 

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'm not sure who these typical people are. Don't forget, coffee is already included with the fare. 

May be talking about specialty coffee. I had one of those milkshakes once...and couldn’t eat dessert that night. I can’t see having two of those every day.

4 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Not the 15 drink/day limit, no. You'd have to drink around 10 domestic beers per day, for example. For many people, that's a lot, and they aren't going to maintain that number everyday for a week. Obviously those numbers change for more expensive drinks. But even if someone can drink $61/day worth of alcohol (that includes the gratuity), Carnival still profits heavily because the booze is marked up to begin with. But that wasn't my point. People keep saying a $30/day mid-level package like the OP is suggesting wouldn't work because no one will drink $30/day worth of milkshakes & smoothies. Well, a lot of people don't drink $61/day worth of alcoholic beverages, but the same people who're saying the OP's idea isn't worth it aren't saying Cheers isn't worth it. For many, it's not about drinking the limit, it's about the convenience of not worrying about a drink budget or wondering what your bill will be at the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I am sure the bartenders and waiters enjoy pouring a soda for a $.45 tip. Most of them can pour a soda in a few seconds. 

Do they add auto gratuity to every drink when you’re on a NA beverage package? I know they don’t on cheers but I’ve never had a NA beverage package.

4 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I had it on Royal and LOVED it.  However, the reason it works on Royal is because their mocktails and stuff, including simple stuff like bottles of water, are more expensive than on Carnival.

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Try asking them to pay $30 per person in the cabin, family of four paying $120 a day...let the screaming begin..

I asked this before, but didn't get a response. Several people keep suggesting that such a package would require everyone in the cabin to buy it. Why? That's not how Bottomless Bubbles works, so why would a mid-level non-alcoholic package be any different? It doesn't have to be like Cheers.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Not the 15 drink/day limit, no. You'd have to drink around 10 domestic beers per day, for example. For many people, that's a lot, and they aren't going to maintain that number everyday for a week. Obviously those numbers change for more expensive drinks. But even if someone can drink $61/day worth of alcohol (that includes the gratuity), Carnival still profits heavily because the booze is marked up to begin with. But that wasn't my point. People keep saying a $30/day mid-level package like the OP is suggesting wouldn't work because no one will drink $30/day worth of milkshakes & smoothies. Well, a lot of people don't drink $61/day worth of alcoholic beverages, but the same people who're saying the OP's idea isn't worth it aren't saying Cheers isn't worth it. For many, it's not about drinking the limit, it's about the convenience of not worrying about a drink budget or wondering what your bill will be at the end.

You don’t have to drink $61/day alcohol. It’s $52...I don’t know why people think they need to drink the gratuity to get their moneys worth. I pay with the 10% off gift cards so for me that would be more like $47. But I’ll play along with $52 since most people are blue or red cards and don’t do that. Domestic beers are $6.25. I’d have to drink 8.3 beers to get to $52. But really less than that because I’d have a specialty coffee and 3-5 waters. I think that’s another $7-10 on NA beverages.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

If one could buy Cheers and the other the enhanced non-alcoholic, yes that would be a big seller but it would cut into the profits. As a non-drinking Carnival cruiser, I would like to thank the drinkers for helping keep the cruise fares down. 

Someone said that's done on RCL, I believe. I think that's a great idea. How many people decide NOT to buy Cheers because the person(s) in their cabin doesn't want it? Giving that other person an alternative could mean regaining that profitable Cheers package.

51 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

You know, there is an 18% automatic gratuity on drinks already. Anything you give the bartender on the spot is simply extra. So they're not really getting stiffed.

• Like 1

It takes FOREVER to get a "fancy" coffee or smoothie on Carnival. I realize they aren't in the coffee business per se but this package could produce one hour wait times for my irish coffee in the morning. My friend in management said the coffee bars are a lot of times tests of new or inexperienced bartenders and bar servers (and sometimes punishment) so they'd need to do some better training or have full-time baristas imo