Adaptors and communication

MidwifeJP

Hello there! Am headed on a Med cruiss in May  with my family of 5. Just wondering what the plugs will be? Do we need adaptors for outlets? We are Canadian....also i have heard that there is an app to communicate with each other on the ship? Anyone heard of this? I am not sure how people typically keep track of each other without cell phones these days! (My kids are coming and are 18, 20,21.)any tips?

Without knowing what ship/cruiseline you are on, very tough to answer your questions.

Most ships that are oriented to the American market with have US 115v and European 220v plugs.

As to a communication method, good old face to face planning, post it notes and related items like that work fine. The ships really aren't that big. And you have adult children...you don't need to keep 24/7 contact with them.

That being said, some cruise lines do have some apps for contact. But as you don't mention the ship, or cruise line...

Sorry, we are on the Norweigen Epic. 

And yes, my kids are adults, and will be doing their own thing, which is why we would like suggestions on how people keep in touch with their groups on a big ship. 

Posty notes are good.  Going over the Freestyle Daily the evening before so people have a general idea of where they will be.  All rooms have telephones and the ship has courtesy phones all over the place so you can call the rooms and leave messages.  

Its really not that difficult, you'll run in to each other a lot and usually by day 2 people have found their "hang out" spot and you can meet up there. 

Med cruises tend to be very port intensive.  Look at international roaming with your carrier.

Then switch to T-mobile. 😄

Unlimited free texting, unlimited free data (not fast), and 25 cents per minute calling in over 210 countries.  ALL European countries are included.  Heck, they now have coverage in Afghanistan even. 😄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...