Where do I go for my shore excursion?

cmoore2004

I'm about two weeks out from my cruise on Mariner of the Seas and just booked a shore excursion in Nassau through RRCL's site.  It said it started at 9:30 but I don't know if they'll be giving me more information or what to expect.  Am I supposed to be on the pier, at a certain location on the ship at that time, or actually at the location of the excursion?  It's the Seahorse Snailing and Snorkeling in Nassau excursion if it matters.  Do I get something from the cruise line once I'm on the ship with more details?  Also, finding reviews of that particular excursion came with mixed results--is that excursion a mistake?

Your cabin steward will deliver the excursion's ticket to your cabin.  The ticket will say where you are supposed to meet.  And it will probably say that you have to meet at 9:15.

I have never taken a snorkel excursion, so I can't offer an opinion.

• Thanks 1

As indicated above, you will receive information regarding your excursion in your stateroom when you board.  You will meet your group at a place on the pier designated by a host with a sign.  You will then proceed with your group to the transportation location.

The only commentary I will offer regarding excursions is you will pay more booking through the cruise line than if you booked yourself with an independent tour operator.  There will be those that will say that with the ship sponsored tours you have certainty of the ship waiting for your return, and that would be correct.  However the independents typically are very reliable as well as their livelihood depends on repeat, word of mouth business.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

Let me add a few more notes;  like mentioned above, you will receive your shore excursion ticket in your cabin.  It will tell you where to go; it may be a lounge on the ship; where you and your entire group will leave the ship together; or it will say meet on the pier next to the ship;  where you will go off the ship and look for your tour number;  lets say your excursion number is 206A; snorkle adventure.  Once off the ship you will look for the tour operator who is holding up a big sign that says RCCL 206A.  You will go to that person and hand them your ticket.  Simple.  I know if you are new to this it can be over whelming.  Thats what cruise critic is for;  to help others out

Edited by AF-1
  • Thanks 1

That's exactly the info I was looking for and wasn't real sure how to search for it.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.  I am excited, but I haven't been on a cruise in 15 years and I didn't even do any shore excursions on the other cruise.  I just like to be prepared and know what to expect.